Claeys and the retention of staff

Reaction score
One of the reasons I keep hearing why Claeys should be named the permanent head coach is so that he can keep the staff in place. Has anyone checked with the current staff member to see if that is actually the case? These guys were loyal to Jerry Kill. Tracy Claeys is not Jerry Kill. It might be hard for some to believe but I am willing to bet that most of them do not have the lifetime dream to be an assistant coach at the University of Minnesota for the rest of their careers. My guess is that most of them would like to be a coordinator or a head coach at some time. They are not getting any younger and I would not be surprised to see some go on their own in the near future if Claeys is retained.

My guess is that they are loyal and not everyone has the desire to be a coordinator.

At minimum their be reshuffling with who the new DC would be- guessing it would be Jay the db coach. I really hope that Limey will just go to OL coach and we get a new OC

Without any knowledge, I am guessing Kill found staff like he found players. Guys that are hard workers and loyal.

Correct... Cleays did say if he got the job there would be changes... But these are loyal! That's why they are all hear in the first place.

I called the staff and they confirmed they will stay if Claeys is hired, to answer OPs question.

Claeys gets the job that is is it for the QB coach. Z was close to Kill and assured Kill on QB growth and ability...the Def guy doesn't have the same amount of respect for Z's skills.

I may be the only one, but I wouldn't mind seeing at least some fresh blood on the staff. Sherels was added, but with guys that have been together this long, I worry that some beliefs about approach that could warrant revisiting don't get discussed.

Weber for qb coach.

Claeys gets the job that is is it for the QB coach. Z was close to Kill and assured Kill on QB growth and ability...the Def guy doesn't have the same amount of respect for Z's skills.

We can hope.

Top Bottom