CJ Stroud

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
I see a lot of people commenting on how Ohio St. will have a first time starter at QB and putting a lot of stock in this as a good chance for the Gophers to win. I think people often do this, but I think in college football (especially for QB's at schools like Ohio St.), people put too much stock in this.

I understand it's his first college start, but it's not like he's at a school ranked 40th to 130th. He's at Ohio St. They have multiple highly ranked QB's. Not only that, it's not his first year in the program. The kid is a hell of an athlete and can run. I just think it's wiser to assume he'll be pretty good and if he's not, they've got a whole stable of top QB's.

I'm going to hope he's nervous and get's a little rattled and makes some poor decisions and poor throws, but certainly wouldn't be counting on it. I think the Gophers have a shot even if the kid plays well, if he plays poorly I think the Gophers should win by more than a touchdown. But plan on the defense having to play real well for the Gophers to win and plan on CJ Stroud making plays.

People like to hope there’s a weakness there that we could exploit. We can beat them. It won’t be easy and bounces would need to go our way (ie, like the refs picking up an obvious targeting penalty gift-wrapping a TD), but this team can do it.

People like to hope there’s a weakness there that we could exploit. We can beat them. It won’t be easy and bounces would need to go our way (ie, like the refs picking up an obvious targeting penalty gift-wrapping a TD), but this team can do it.
I was in Columbus for that play. Seemed like the definition of targeting. Leidner was a tough one.

I was in Columbus for that play. Seemed like the definition of targeting. Leidner was a tough one.
I think that we can quickly delete any idea of getting a favorable official's call vs. Ohio State. We were the beneficiaries of a PI call late in the 2000 game in Columbus. That will be the last time in this millennium that we get a call at a key point vs. these guys. They get 99% of the 50-50 calls and our allotment has been satisfied. Go Gophers!

OSU is ranked 4th right? The last time the 4th ranked team came to TCF they lost if I remember correctly. We can win this game.

I think that we can quickly delete any idea of getting a favorable official's call vs. Ohio State. We were the beneficiaries of a PI call late in the 2000 game in Columbus. That will be the last time in this millennium that we get a call at a key point vs. these guys. They get 99% of the 50-50 calls and our allotment has been satisfied. Go Gophers!
there was a Karon Riley strip sack of Bellisari in that second half that was called an incompletion.

Damn it. Now you are telling me their quarterback is good too?

I think that we can quickly delete any idea of getting a favorable official's call vs. Ohio State. We were the beneficiaries of a PI call late in the 2000 game in Columbus. That will be the last time in this millennium that we get a call at a key point vs. these guys. They get 99% of the 50-50 calls and our allotment has been satisfied. Go Gophers!a

I see a lot of people commenting on how Ohio St. will have a first time starter at QB and putting a lot of stock in this as a good chance for the Gophers to win. I think people often do this, but I think in college football (especially for QB's at schools like Ohio St.), people put too much stock in this.

I understand it's his first college start, but it's not like he's at a school ranked 40th to 130th. He's at Ohio St. They have multiple highly ranked QB's. Not only that, it's not his first year in the program. The kid is a hell of an athlete and can run. I just think it's wiser to assume he'll be pretty good and if he's not, they've got a whole stable of top QB's.

I'm going to hope he's nervous and get's a little rattled and makes some poor decisions and poor throws, but certainly wouldn't be counting on it. I think the Gophers have a shot even if the kid plays well, if he plays poorly I think the Gophers should win by more than a touchdown. But plan on the defense having to play real well for the Gophers to win and plan on CJ Stroud making plays.
I’m dismissing this post based on your non-elite moniker. Was Debby Downer spoken for already?

Top Bottom