Civility

What did mpls do to get banned this time? Anything spectacular, or just a cumulative distraction?

I’m an infrequent Gopherhole poster, but a long-time member. For some time, I’ve been disappointed by what I perceive as a significant decline in civility and an increase in coarseness in member posts. In a recent thread, posters broke out into off-topic
squabbles laced with profanity and name-calling. This seems to be becoming more the norm than the exception. Going forward, I would hope that we could disagree without becoming disagreeable. As we approach the New Year, perhaps we could all strive to be more civil. We are, after all, Minnesotans, and we have a reputation of being “nice”. I’d like to see us live up to that reputation.
Hey VAGopgher, I'm right down the road from you in Alexandria VA. Good to know Gopher Nation is thriving in Va.

Actually agree with the OP and am surprised that the GopheHole Staff is delisting or at least temporarily suspending certain posters....again, all for back and forth but personal attacks, swear words, etc...not what I believe we Gopher fans should be involved in
The staff wants increased clicks and traffic; if anything they are probably promoting it to some extent

You can chalk most of it up to the Off-Topic Board. People learn who each other really are over there and it spills over to the normal boards.
Agree 100%! Very well stated. This is unfortunate and unnecessary but some folks can't help themselves. Some people are just plain harboring a lot of hatred and anger these days and yes, most definitely we have seen it spill into the boards that are 100% supposed to be non-toxic. Disagreements over whatever it may be should stay on that other board

Top Bottom