Chryst 30-16 PJ 29-17 last 4 years

Shouldn't be.

But I'm sure there will be pressure to shake up offensive staff

Chryst shouldn't be in any sort of trouble job wise, but it is clear that their days of dominating the West are coming to a close as a lot of other programs have narrowed the gap including the Gophers.

Only if he loses to Illinois or bowling green. Or a team who lost to either, which by definition makes them worse than both.

I mean when he sent out the punter with 4:30 left in the game I thought he would get fired postgame. Lucky for him they couldn’t get it off clean and he was able to redo it.

I mean when he sent out the punter with 4:30 left in the game I thought he would get fired postgame. Lucky for him they couldn’t get it off clean and he was able to redo it.
Fleck has taken some crap for in game decisions but I have no clue what Chryst was thinking putting the punt team out there in that situation. Down 10 with our ball control offense, it was game over giving us the ball there.

Fleck has taken some crap for in game decisions but I have no clue what Chryst was thinking putting the punt team out there in that situation. Down 10 with our ball control offense, it was game over giving us the ball there.
In the post game Chryst said it was a mistake on his part and he should have been going for it.

Adding in the dead ball timeout after the penalty was a nice touch. Just a disaster that shouldn't happen to a 10 year old playing Madden

I know that I'd prefer Paul Chryst remain their coach than have Jim Leonhard be promoted to HC.
Speaking of Leonhard....

This has to be the year he gets out of that cesspool in Madison, yes? Hasn't he been in the running for much better jobs in previous years? I would think he has to be leaving sooner rather than later than stay there

Adding in the dead ball timeout after the penalty was a nice touch. Just a disaster that shouldn't happen to a 10 year old playing Madden
Also on the late 3rd and 2 play they ran down the whole play clock and called a timeout, didn’t look like they even got a play called in as they didn’t even get lined up.

Fleck coached circles around Chryst yesterday. Exemplified on that final drive when Chryst had the huge blunder on 4th & 1 and then when Fleck had the wherewithal to challenge Mertz’s slide. Every time the camera showed Fleck, he looked focused and confident. Every time it showed Chryst, he looked befuddled and unsure. Sure glad we got our guy!!

Speaking of Leonhard....

This has to be the year he gets out of that cesspool in Madison, yes? Hasn't he been in the running for much better jobs in previous years? I would think he has to be leaving sooner rather than later than stay there
He's turned down NFL jobs to stay at Madison. I think eventually he will leave but I think it would be for a head coaching job.

He could have had the Packers DC job last year, turned it down. He was rumored for the FSU DC job, turned it down right away (didn't even interview).

You mean when he was going to punt on 4th and one then, after a penalty decided to go for it on 4th and 6?

Leonhard loves Madison and loves being a DC there
He is paid very well and recently got more money for assistants..
Chryst was the genius OC for Alavarez and was offered HC jobs but turned them down because he rightly said that he did not believe he had the personality to be a HC.
I do not know the circumstances that sent him to be HC at Pittsburgh but I assume Andersen wanted his own OC but he returned t o WI as HC to bail out Alvarez after Alvarez rectified his mistake of hiring Andersen.
If there is not a purge of some of the coaches including getting a new OC, OL and QB coach etc there will be a revolt among the fans and I presume the mega donors.
The MN game was an indictment of Chryst who looked befuddled for most of the game and clearly did not have the team ready to play.

Speaking of Leonhard....

Leonhard from Wisconsin and played at Wisconsin so I highly doubt he views it as a cesspool. He's likely Chryst's replacement if they eventually move on from him.

I know that I'd prefer Paul Chryst remain their coach than have Jim Leonhard be promoted to HC.
Yes. He needs to hold on until Jim Leonhard goes to NFL as a coordinator with nfl head aspirations

even a head college job Leonhard might come back to Madison

Yes. He needs to hold on until Jim Leonhard goes to NFL as a coordinator with nfl head aspirations

even a head college job Leonhard might come back to Madison
Do we know if Leonhard and is HC material or can run a program at a high level. He probably could.

Do we know if Leonhard and is HC material or can run a program at a high level. He probably could.
We don’t. I’ve never met him.

I know people who know wisconsin football inside and out on the college level (madison connections and UW system) and high school level and they believe he would be a great head coach.

I lurked over at the Buckyville site yesterday. Many people want Chryst gone and replaced with Leonhard. One fan even suggested that Leonhard gets the HC job and Chryst goes back to OC. That'd be awkward. But then again, these are Badger fans.

We never really know until they do it.

So many coordinators make that move and just ... not good at it. Different jobs.

Breaking down the last four years a bit more.

2021- WI played Notre Dame vs MN played Colorado (They lost to MI and we lost to OSU)
2020- COVID- They played good Indiana and Northwestern teams and we didn't play really any teams with good records.
2019- Wisconsin played OSU twice, Oregon, Michigan, and MN played Penn State and Auburn
2018- WI played PSU and Mich, MN played OSU.

In the end, WI hasn't been typical WI the last four years.

Alverez was more involved in the football program at Wisconsin than any AD in the country. He left Madison on June 30.

To Gopher fans it’s a little shocking that Chryst’s seat is so hot already. But WI fans have grown to expect that they’ll be playing in the CCG every other year. And McIntosh is going to want to do things his own way.

Alverez was more involved in the football program at Wisconsin than any AD in the country. He left Madison on June 30.

To Gopher fans it’s a little shocking that Chryst’s seat is so hot already. But WI fans have grown to expect that they’ll be playing in the CCG every other year. And McIntosh is going to want to do things his own way.
Didn't even know Alvarez left. That makes things a little interesting.

Didn't even know Alvarez left. That makes things a little interesting.
He retired from the AD position. He still has some role, but not as AD.

He outright said Chryst was going to be the last guy he hires.

Top Bottom