Christie

"Even when Christie sat out with an injury at the Ridgewood Shootout in June –– and Johnson and his entire staff knew he wouldn’t be playing –– the head coach and all three assistants still came and watched. The four coaches all in the gym was an exclamation point in simply showing their support and how much they coveted Christie."

atta boy BJ

I love that both Dennis Evans and Cam Christie seem to not be egotistical.
Awesome and as like goes to like, I look for the egotrippers not to be interested in this type of program and for the guys who want to blend and play team ball to dig it. Thus should also bode well for the classroom and lack of off court shenanigans 🤞

Awesome read.

I didn't realize that Christie, it'll be interesting to see if Christie can play some at the 1 and I love how almost every player we have recruited is long and athletic.

I know we struggled last year, but our defense played really smart (rarely doubled the post, tried not to foul, etc.) and despite how hard they played, we didn't have the horses for the Big 10. I'm excited to see us implement that same style of defense with Evans, Christie, Payne, et al.

It sounds like both him and Evans are very young for their grade level. This articles says Christie turned 17 in late July. Evans apparently just turned 17.

Excited for Christie. Don't think he's a day one savior like Amir, but I think he's a lot farther along then Henley and Carrington were as Seniors. Think him and. Carrington can hold down the two spot for a few years with some help from Cooper next year if he comes back

Excited for Christie. Don't think he's a day one savior like Amir, but I think he's a lot farther along then Henley and Carrington were as Seniors. Think him and. Carrington can hold down the two spot for a few years with some help from Cooper next year if he comes back
Amir was a savior? We barely won with him.

6' 5" shooting Cameron Christie

-Received 13 offers including from Ohio State, Purdue, Iowa State, Northwestern, Iowa, and Illinois.

247Sports
1675000941052.png
Rivals
1675001235593.png

-Ben Johnson will do a great job coaching him to his potential. This team has the elements for something special with Dennis Evans coming in that year too.

"Cam Christie has been the rare teenage college prospect who doesn't advertise eery step while navigating the recruiting process."

-Like 2024 Dennis Evans, Christie is a guy who has kept a lower profile.

I wouldn't call him a savior, but I wouldn't say we barely won with him either. We went to the NCAA tournament 2 of the 3 seasons he was here. The best of those was when he started as a true freshman and was the 2nd leading scorer on the team.

"Even when Christie sat out with an injury at the Ridgewood Shootout in June –– and Johnson and his entire staff knew he wouldn’t be playing –– the head coach and all three assistants still came and watched. The four coaches all in the gym was an exclamation point in simply showing their support and how much they coveted Christie."

atta boy BJ
In person TLC > NIL

6' 5" shooting Cameron Christie

-Received 13 offers including from Ohio State, Purdue, Iowa State, Northwestern, Iowa, and Illinois.

247Sports
View attachment 23507
Rivals
View attachment 23508

-Ben Johnson will do a great job coaching him to his potential. This team has the elements for something special with Dennis Evans coming in that year too.

"Cam Christie has been the rare teenage college prospect who doesn't advertise eery step while navigating the recruiting process."

-Like 2024 Dennis Evans, Christie is a guy who has kept a lower profile.

Wow- cool family and a great attitude with Cameron.

He looks like a smooth athlete/basketball player and I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t start next year - maybe not right off the 🦇.

Pitino kept his job because of Coffey's commitment, so in that sense yes he was. In the last ten years we've gone to two tournaments, you can connect the dots and figure out who was on both those teams

Pitino kept his job because of Coffey's commitment, so in that sense yes he was. In the last ten years we've gone to two tournaments, you can connect the dots and figure out who was on both those teams
We were actually 22-20 in big ten regular season games that Coffey appeared in. Pitino was 32-76 in big ten play without Coffey

We were actually 22-20 in big ten regular season games that Coffey appeared in. Pitino was 32-76 in big ten play without Coffey
I remember I was at the game where freshman Amir scored 30 against St. John’s, doing about 75% of his scoring from the post.

I could never figure out why they didn’t go back to that in future games.

Man, I miss competitive gopher basketball. Really looking forward to the big ten tournament with a healthy (ish) roster. Making some noise there would be a huge stepping stone into a make-or-break season next year.

Serious Question: if you were Christie, and given the state of the Gopher program, would you still come to Minnesota?

Stupid question. He signed to come here, even when we sucked in November.
He wants to be here. He signed to come here. He sees the opportunity.

Stupid question. He signed to come here, even when we sucked in November.
He wants to be here. He signed to come here. He sees the opportunity.
People like you are so pathetic.

A few freshman surprise but for the most part don't contribute that much, Heide at Purdue is redshirting, Iowa St guys don't play much. I wouldn't expect that much and think Henley and Carrington might be a little better next year. It will be interesting to see if Betts enrolling a year early makes him more ready.

Pitino?

Serious Question: if you were Christie, and given the state of the Gopher program, would you still come to Minnesota?
I think he knows he could have gone to many other more competitive programs. Who knows the reasoning for his commitment. Maybe he just really likes Ben? The nice thing for these kids is it’s a 1 year commitment with a player option for more.

Yeah, he has a chance at a legit role on a big ten team, this year sucks but they also have the option to bring back everyone but Samuels. Guys will get better, Ben will be able to cut dead weight and re tool in some spots.

???
Went from an 8-23 team to a 20 win NCAA tournament team.
LOL

There were other people involved as I recall. Reggie Lynch was an immediate and very significant difference maker. Akeem Springs made a difference. Murphy, Mason, and even McBrayer benefitted greatly from playing with an improved roster. McBrayer had by far the best year of his career here that season.

The facilities are very good here and the TV exposure is very good here. He will play against highly ranked players here. Perhaps most importantly, he can make a bigger difference here than he would at Purdue, Michigan State, or Illinois.

Top Bottom