Chris Peterson anyone???

Moses87

Banned
Reaction score
When Brewster starting landing 3 and 4 star players I got pretty excited about the program and the potential. Sadly, his coaching and in-game decisions have never matched up to his recruiting.

The decision to switch from the spread offense back to a more traditional offense was a disaster and made no sense, especially considering he recruited Gray to run the spread.

This program is going the wrong way and no amount of 5 star recruits can make up for a guy who simply can't coach.

I'd love to see Maturi splash some cash and go get Boise's Peterson....That guy has continually impressed me with his program, play-calling and clock management. He's a big time coach in a small time program...

I think he'd have the Gophers on the cusp of a Rose Bowl within 2 years.

Those Boise St coaches have such great track records when they move on don't they? See Dirk Koetter, see Dan Hawkins. Things get a little tougher when you're playing in a top conference.

Those Boise St coaches have such great track records when they move on don't they? See Dirk Koetter, see Dan Hawkins. Things get a little tougher when you're playing in a top conference.

Peterson was the brains of Hawkins operation as he was the offensive play caller and chief recruiter. Hawkins was always over-rated...I'm telling you, this guy Peterson can get it done in all 3 key phases...

Recruiting

Scheming

In-game decisions/clock management

I'd love to see Peterson get a shot in a BCS conference...why not Minnesota??? Why not NOW????

Peterson was the brains of Hawkins operation as he was the offensive play caller and chief recruiter. Hawkins was always over-rated...I'm telling you, this guy Peterson can get it done in all 3 key phases...

Recruiting

Scheming

In-game decisions/clock management

I'd love to see Peterson get a shot in a BCS conference...why not Minnesota??? Why not NOW????

I hate to break this to you, but Peterson will have his choice of jobs in the next year or two. Minnesota may not be as appealing as you think. Doubt very much that this is an upgrade to him.

I hate to break this to you, but Peterson will have his choice of jobs in the next year or two. Minnesota may not be as appealing as you think. Doubt very much that this is an upgrade to him.

Minnesota COULD be an upgrade if the right coach takes over this program. Boise have carved out a wonderful niche on the college landscape but they'll never be given a shot to play for a national title under the current system. Most coaches coach to compete for national titles. Minnesota would give Peterson the chance to compete for a national title. Run the table and you're in!

The common feeling on Peterson is that if he is going to move up, it is going to be with a team on the West coast, where he is familar with recruiting. I know UM gets kids from Cali, but I could see him going to something like ASU or even Stanford when Erickson gets fired or Harbaugh leaves.

The common feeling on Peterson is that if he is going to move up, it is going to be with a team on the West coast, where he is familar with recruiting. I know UM gets kids from Cali, but I could see him going to something like ASU or even Stanford when Erickson gets fired or Harbaugh leaves.

I actually called for his hiring 3 years ago on the day Mason was let go and was laughed at....then he beat Oklahoma in that classic Fiesta Bowl and his stature really rose...I think Maturi should make him a huge offer and see if he accepts....you never know!

Boise St. to Minnesota = step down.

Nothing more annoying than a short-sighted retort.

Yes, in 2009 I grant you that Boise to Minnesota is a step down...but the future in Minneapolis has a much higher ceiling than Boise can ever offer.

Getting me out of that craphole that is Boise is easy, but the trouble with this hire is going to be getting Peterson out of Boise. After the circus ending to that Fiesta Bowl, you could make a case that he had his choice of coaching jobs then, and he stayed in Boise. Why would he leave now?

if we had a chance to get him brewster would be gone in 3 seconds, but we don't, he has turned down much bigger programs then the gophers and will contiue to do so.

I've heard that Peterson has had multiple chances to move on but hasn't yet. At this point he has pretty much can wait until the right job to come along. I would doubt he would take the job but worth the call for sure.

I personally think that he won't be the first coach to leave the state of Idaho. That would be Rob Akey. I was very impressed by him in the Humanitarian Bowl. If he keeps that up he will be a hot coach in a few years. Plus he just sounds like a football coach-mainly an old O-Line.

Top Bottom