Chris Orr addresses fans and says "We're going to get our axe back."

And when Taylor runs right over us for 300+ yards will you eat your hat? We had trouble vs. one of the worst offenses in FBS and they ran well versus us. How are we going to do with a team built precisely for that and do it extremely well?

We didn’t really have trouble, we were literally letting them run for most of the second half and they were doing the job of killing the clock themselves.

I don’t know, I think we might do the same thing we did last year, with a worse team? JT was healthy as can be, and we were in Camp Randall.

And when Taylor runs right over us for 300+ yards will you eat your hat? We had trouble vs. one of the worst offenses in FBS and they ran well versus us. How are we going to do with a team built precisely for that and do it extremely well?

Let him run for 300, we'll just throw for 500 against that crap secondary they have.

We didn’t really have trouble, we were literally letting them run for most of the second half and they were doing the job of killing the clock themselves.

I don’t know, I think we might do the same thing we did last year, with a worse team? JT was healthy as can be, and we were in Camp Randall.

You serious, Clark? UW is significantly better right now than one year ago, starting with a QB that is much, much better than what they had in last year's game.

Mr Orr - come and get it if you can.

Don't move this game indoors. We want it exactly at TCF Bank Stadium this time of the year. We want the visiting teams to know this is our house.

If they ever have a cross divisional game late in the season, I'd like to see an SEC team come up here and play. We promise to extend our hospitality to them.
Amen, any Natty champ should have a cold weather win on their resume.

Let him run for 300, we'll just throw for 500 against that crap secondary they have.

The Gophers will be effective passing the ball because they are very good. Not because of a crap secondary.

The Badgers have the second best pass defense efficiency in the league. How much pressure the Badgers can generate will be a huge factor.

The Badgers have the second best pass defense efficiency in the league. How much pressure the Badgers can generate will be a huge factor.

Stats like this are why I’m not high on our chances this week.

The Gophers will be effective passing the ball because they are very good. Not because of a crap secondary.

Hearing you have some injuries in the secondary? What about the guy that got ejected and will have to sit out the first half? Was he a starter?

Hearing you have some injuries in the secondary? What about the guy that got ejected and will have to sit out the first half? Was he a starter?

He is the first safety off the bench and played in a lot of packages. He will be missed for a half. I am not aware of other injuries but with Chryst you never know.

The Gophers will surely get chunks of yardage at a time and it would not shock me at all if he threw for over 300. How the yardage fits in the context of the game will be key.

Has all the makings of an incredible game.

i’m not sure what passing defense efficiency is, but purdue passed for 326 yards on wisconsin yesterday. who is their qb? a walk on?

People like you are some of my least favorite people...I could begin to debate you on how you’re wrong, and about how NW didn’t run all over us with their 2.6 yards per carry, I could explain how we didn’t plan for their QB to get hurt and be replaced by a QB that’s better with the run, I could tell you how that game was never in jeopardy...but it wouldn’t matter. you’re a pessimistic negative Nancy, you don’t belong at the game Saturday, and you should turn in your Gopher football fan badge. You’re a reason we can’t have nice things

Badgers have the second best pass defense efficiency in the league, before or after the Purdue game? They gave us 289 through the air to the 3rd string QB and without Rondale Moore.

Badgers have the second best pass defense efficiency in the league, before or after the Purdue game? They gave us 289 through the air to the 3rd string QB and without Rondale Moore.

After the Purdue game. Nobody would be dumb enough to say the Badgers will shut down the Gophers passing game. If Morgan threw for 350 yards, it would not be shocking at all. How many points the yards produce and are there any mistakes that come from the pass rush will be huge keys. The Gophers offense is very good. Anyone claiming otherwise is a moron. However, the Badgers have a good defense as well. Should be a great match up.

You serious, Clark? UW is significantly better right now than one year ago, starting with a QB that is much, much better than what they had in last year's game.

Pretty sure he meant the Gophers were worse (read wayyyy better this year) last year and we still stomped them.

No. I'll bring hat and make you eat it. I'm never going to apologize for being optimistic about the Gophers. If you're going to run some smack against the Gophers if the Gophers lose, I can't stop you from doing that.

In conference play, Minnesota is #2 in pass defense efficiency (#1 in pass offense efficiency) while Wisconsin is #5. Wisconsin is #6 in pass defense.

https://bigten.org/confstats.aspx/2019-20/fb/confonly?path=football

After the Purdue game. Nobody would be dumb enough to say the Badgers will shut down the Gophers passing game. If Morgan threw for 350 yards, it would not be shocking at all. How many points the yards produce and are there any mistakes that come from the pass rush will be huge keys. The Gophers offense is very good. Anyone claiming otherwise is a moron. However, the Badgers have a good defense as well. Should be a great match up.

Pass defense efficiency for Wisconsin hasn't been quite as good when you toss out the non-conf beatdowns. Drops from 2nd to 5th, still not bad but not quite as good.

Expecting a good battle on Saturday and really glad we have this one at home because Wisconsin has been much better at home then they have been on the road this year.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 10.08.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 10.08.18 AM.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 4

A level headed Badger fan? I'm very confused right now. I agree, I think this will be a close game and really a coin toss as far as the result. As long as Minnesota can run the ball effectively, It's going to come down to redzone efficiency in my opinion. Touchdowns vs. field goals will make the difference. Also a huge game between our offensive coordinator and Leonhard. Who is going to call the right plays at the right time?

I’m a Gopher optimist, but this game does scare me. Mostly because we have only had the axe for 8 of the 32 years I’ve been alive and only 3 times during years that I can actually remember watching the Gophers. And after winning it last year it feels like we are doomed to lose it again.

That said, we are the better team. Orr can suck it. Let’s crush them.

Besides, it's our Axe. Paul Bunyan's a Minnesotan. He only visited Wisconsin to go to the Dells.

When dealing with a rivalry game, everything is off the table. This game is going to be packed with emotion probably like none other. This game is probably on par if not higher than the game Bobby Bell complains about in the 62 on the roughing the passer penalty that cost the game.

A level headed Badger fan? I'm very confused right now. I agree, I think this will be a close game and really a coin toss as far as the result. As long as Minnesota can run the ball effectively, It's going to come down to redzone efficiency in my opinion. Touchdowns vs. field goals will make the difference. Also a huge game between our offensive coordinator and Leonhard. Who is going to call the right plays at the right time?
This is exactly right. It was the difference in the Iowa game as well. Minnesota will throw for around 300 yards...I think that's amost a given. How effectively they run the ball and convert redzone chances (and stop Wisc's) will be the difference. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if both teams approached 450 - 500 yards of offense. In games like that, it's all about turnovers, untimely penalties, and redzone efficiency.

What's funny....is that most people down here in South KNOW that their teams would get their clocks cleaned if they came north and played in winter conditions.

Top Bottom