Chris Monter Q&A: Osseo TE Will Johnson Drawing Near Decision

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Will Johnson, a 6-foot-7, 250 pound junior tight end from Osseo, has seven scholarship offers to date, making him one of the most highly recruited players in the state. Johnson plans to end his recruitment in the next month. Gopher Hole.com caught up with Johnson Sunday to learn the latest on his recruitment.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1409

Is the post completely up there? It only has two questions and answers.

I have a gut feeling he will leave the state...ZERO info to base this on, just a hunch....

Yeah kind of a short interview........but there really isn't much more we need to know.

Does he understand that at some point here the NCAA will place Auburn on probation? They just need some time to pass so they don't look foolish letting Newton play in the NC.

Hopefully he becomes a Gopher, would play early.

would play early

Only if he's able to stay at blocking TE. I've said this before, but his size/speed/quickness profile matches up with Hageman pretty closely. I just don't foresee him being able to play TE by the time he's 20 years old. I could see him as our starting LT in 2014, when he'll be a Rs So and Eddie will have graduated.

Will invited me to their practice this week where I will do a more in-depth intrerview then, but he wanted to let me know that he is drawing near to a decision.

Chris Monter

I will be very surprised if he does not choose Minnesota.

Lets hope he picks the Maroon & Gold

If he's close to picking it seems like the local school (us) would be the favorites. Just my 2 cents.

Hopefully thats the case but the other view would be that he just visited the National Champs (soon to be on probation) and was overwhelmed so he probably isn't going to wait too much longer to pull the trigger.....

ahh I didn't know he went down to visit Auburn... And if Auburn is willing to pay him enough, I guess we'll just have to wish him luck down there.

Top Bottom