Chris Monter Q&A: Jonah Pirsig Eyeing the End Of His Recruitment

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Jonah Pirsig, a 6-foot-9, 285-pound rising senior left tackle/defensive end from Blue Earth (MN) High, figures to be the state’s most highly recruited player from the Class of 2012. GopherHole.com caught up with Pirsig after he attended the Minnesota football camp Sunday to learn the very latest on his recruitment in an exclusive interview.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1425

Good interview Chris. I liked Pirsig's answers. He'll make the decision that's best for him and that's what he should do. Here's hoping we're the best place for him.

It is a good interview. I think he'll find that Minnesota is a great academic school, great job market, wide variety of things to do here for entertainment, and we have a great coaching staff.

He seems like a bright kid, and I think he'll make the right decision. I really hope it makes both of us happy.

I think we actually have a pretty good chance with Pirsig. I believe he said he is not attending any more camps, and he wants to choose in early August. We are one of three teams that has held a camp that Pirsig has attended. I think that usually you would want to go to the camp if you're going to commit.

I love the gophers but lets be honest here, if you had to chose between Iowa, Wisco, and Minny which team would be last on your list?? Iowa sends OL to the NFL like its their soul purpose in life, Wisco just had one drafted in the first round this year and has produced Joe Thomas recently. I really hope he picks the gophers but can understand his decision not to. I think he ends up at Iowa. But lets hope Kill keeps him home.

Kind of a dense post here...

I love the gophers but lets be honest here, if you had to chose between Iowa, Wisco, and Minny which team would be last on your list?? Iowa sends OL to the NFL like its their soul purpose in life, Wisco just had one drafted in the first round this year and has produced Joe Thomas recently. I really hope he picks the gophers but can understand his decision not to. I think he ends up at Iowa. But lets hope Kill keeps him home.

From 2011 draft 3 of the top 5 OL were from Colorado, Boston College, and Baylor. None of the 3 played on "Helmet school" teams. in 2010, the 3rd OL pick was from Rutgers. Once I again I must remind someone, if you can play ball, they will find you. From the team I played DII football with, 2 guys were drafted, and 1 signed a free agent contract. It's not that long ago that the "U" had several OLers drafted.
So based on this and the fact that Mr. Pirsig seems to care about academics, The "U" is as solid or even more solid a choice than the others.
Try again.

Top Bottom