Chris Monter Q&A: Iowa Guard Wesley Staten Talks About Recruitment

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Wesley Staten, a 6-foot-1 guard from Sioux City (Iowa) Bishop Heelan, helped lead Heelan to their third straight Iowa Class 3-A title as they knocked off previously undefeated Waverly-Shell Rock 62-60 at Wells Fargo Arena. Staten committed to Iowa State as a freshman. However, he recently de-committed after a coaching change. That has caused several top programs, including Minnesota to show interest in him. GopherHole.com recently caught up with Staten to learn the latest on his recruitment.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1367

Chris, thanks for the article. However, edit before publishing. Lots of things wrong in that article. If I was Mike Gessel, I might be a little offended that you called me Tim Gessel, especially since you did an interview with him a month ago. Staten's teammtes, David Kerian and Shane Graves, might be a little offended at the butchering of their names.

How about, "I am truly blessed and I want to thank time to thank God first and foremost."

Or, "Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota are in my top." Top what?

Or, "I went to an Iowa State game and an Iowa State-Nebraska game." I think it is supposed to say I went to and Iowa game and an Iowa State-Nebraska game.

Look, I'm in a job where I'm trained to notice these things, so it really stands out. I really do appreciate the article, I'm just tryin' to offer some constructive criticism.

Chris, thanks for the article. However, edit before publishing. Lots of things wrong in that article. If I was Mike Gessel, I might be a little offended that you called me Tim Gessel, especially since you did an interview with him a month ago. Staten's teammtes, David Kerian and Shane Graves, might be a little offended at the butchering of their names.

How about, "I am truly blessed and I want to thank time to thank God first and foremost."

Or, "I went to an Iowa State game and an Iowa State-Nebraska game." I think it is supposed to say I went to and Iowa game and an Iowa State-Nebraska game.

Look, I'm in a job where I'm trained to notice these things, so it really stands out. I really do appreciate the article, I'm just tryin' to offer some constructive criticism.

Grammar police is on patrol

I know if I were a writer, I'd appreciate this sort of feedback, but it might be a bit more helpful to do it in a direct message, or something.

Totally classless

Nobody gives a rats ass that your job revolves around some sort of editing manuscripts/ text manuals. If you feel the urge to edit a topic on a sports talk site written by one of the writers of said site it should be done through a private e-mail.

maybe you could ask chris and gh for the money back that you paid for the subscription for all of the interviews that chris does. or you can go to a site that offers free recruiting articles as i'm sure there are tons of those around since this one doesn't.

Reeon didn't come off offensively. I'm not sure why everyone felt the need to respond like a dick. He wasn't talking about grammatical errors. He has a point that the names should at least be correct.

Top Bottom