Chris Monter Q&A: Future Gopher Phillip Nelson Says He is Recruiting Other Players

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Chris Monter Q&A: Future Gopher Phillip Nelson Says He is Recruiting Other Players

Phil Nelson, a 6-foot-2, 200-pound senior quarterback from Mankato West who committed to Minnesota in March, was named Minnesota’s Mr. Football. GopherHole.com attended the ceremony and talked to Nelson afterwards about the award, his senior season and expectations when he joins the Golden Gophers next month.

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/124885?referrer_id=388419

Ha love that the picture that is used to for the story is of him getting facemasked

4000 yards (2800 p/1200r) of TO and 55 TDs in 12 games. That's unreal against any competition. Any mature beyond his years...

Congrats Phil and thanks for the recruiting help.

Can anybody say building block? The heart and soul will come from Minnesota. The arms and legs will come from somewhere else. I forget who, but somebody famous once said that.

Can anybody say building block? The heart and soul will come from Minnesota. The arms and legs will come from somewhere else. I forget who, but somebody famous once said that.

The heart and soul of Gopher teams are gonna come from Minnesota, and the legs and arms are gonna come from somewhere else." - Lou Holtz, University of Minnesota football coach, 1984-85

While it's way too early to make a prediction; I see Captain 2015 written all over this guy. He seems to be the type of person that people look to when they need a leader. I'm liking what I see.

A lot of heart and soul will come from Florida according to what I read about Jordan Hinojosa on Rivals.. The young man bleeds Maroon and Gold and is coming to Minnesota for all the right reasons. Great university and business school, lots of Fortune 500 companies and oh yeh, he really wants to help Coach Kill build the program.

Will Hinojosa be here in January and is there any news on the rest of the Miami 4?

The Miami Central four are in the Florida 6a finals on Saturday. I wouldn't look for the rest of them to visit until Jan. The name I remember as wanting to enroll early is Ballesteros. If I've got my timing right he'll have barely a week between visiting and enrolling. As a January enrollee the quiet period, may not apply, so he could be here during the Christmas, I'm just not clear on the rule.

just keep waiting to hear johnson has also hopped on the minnesota train

Top Bottom