Chris Monter Q&A: Cooper Sophomore Rashad Vaughn Earns Gopher Hoops Offer

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Rashad Vaughn, a 6-foot-4 rising sophomore from Robbinsdale Cooper, shined recently at the Tubby Smith Team Camp as the Gopher coaches were courtside at several games at Williams Arena. The strong play earned him a scholarship offer from Minnesota and GopherHole.com caught up with Vaughn Monday afternoon about the latest.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1436

If we can get the top Minnesota players in 2014 to stay home that could potentially be one of the best recruiting classes Minnesota has ever had. Definitely in my lifetime at least.

Happy with this offer. I have a family member who works in the Cooper district and it sounds like he is a great athlete (football as well as bball)

I remember the way we supposedly offered Shelby Moots,Estan Tyler,and the kid from Cloquet and the offers seemed to disappear.The way this staff recruits and makes offers puzzle me.Even the Joe Coleman offer dragged on and came late.

Any word on his HS recruitment?

Maybe Ryan James can update us.

Rashad has added scholarship offers from Iowa State, Oregon State, and Arizona State too.

Ok. I had heard that the Minnetonka staff was actively encouraging players to transfer to Tonka, making use of AAU connections to reach out.

I'm glad to hear that's not the case and we won't be seeing an influx of top tier players transferring to Minnetonka.

Ok. I had heard that the Minnetonka staff was actively encouraging players to transfer to Tonka, making use of AAU connections to reach out.

I'm glad to hear that's not the case and we won't be seeing an influx of top tier players transferring to Minnetonka.
I'm glad to hear that neither the football squad or any other sports teams at your alma mater Eden Prairie actively encourage players to transfer or sees an influx of top tier athletes transferring into EP.

I don't have a problem with people calling out schools that recruit players, but the blatant hypocrisy of anyone from Eden Prairie crying about transfers is laughable.

I'm glad to hear that neither the football squad or any other sports teams at your alma mater Eden Prairie actively encourage players to transfer or sees an influx of top tier athletes transferring into EP.

I don't have a problem with people calling out schools that recruit players, but the blatant hypocrisy of anyone from Eden Prairie crying about transfers is laughable.

He's not just calling out a school, he's calling out an individual using an anonymous message board profile.

Top Bottom