Chris Monter Q&A: Cannon Falls Athlete Cedric Dicke Gets Gopher Attention

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Cedric Dicke, a 6-foot-3, 215-pound senior from Cannon Falls, was recently named the Red Wing Republican-Eagle Player of the Year. The versatile player has received a preferred walk-on offer from Minnesota and is hearing from many Midwest programs. GopherHole.com recently caught up with Dicke to learn the latest on his recruitment and his senior season.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1590

I seen him play this year. Definitely an athlete but I would have never thought of him as a D1 athlete, but then again, what do I know. I saw his 97 yard return which was basically a breakdown in coverage when he went to one side of the field, cut back, and nobody stayed home. Stud on defense. Pretty sure he had a pick in the game playing safety. Played QB on offense and ran the option with success all game. Saw him play basketball a couple years back and he could jump out of the gym as well.

Nearly my entire family grew up in Cannon Falls and my dad still attends most Cannon Falls games. Most of my thoughts come from him. He is a great athlete, like Stewie says, he can jump out of any gym. Basketball was his first love and he didn't really begin concentrating on football until last spring. The CF coaches felt they could play him at any position. He was a WR his sophomore and junior seasons and he moved to RB this year. On defense he played safety and some OLB. I heard a rumor that Kill has talked to him and said they could picture him playing anywhere from safety to DE depending on how his weight progresses in a strength program. Again, that is something I heard so take it for what it is worth. To me it seems weird that a kid that is not highly recruited at the D1 level could range from safety to DE, but he does have a good frame. I think he is 6'4 and around 220. I could see him play OLB or Safety.

Had a game where he scored 2 defensive touchdowns, a game where he ran for 250+ yards, a game where he caught 11 passes, and a couple of games where he returned a punt or kickoff. He also started a few games at QB.

I know he is a very nice, polite, and humble kid. Character wise he seems like a kid that Kill would recruit. Take it for what it is worth...

Thanks guys! A 6'4" 220lbs HS kid who is a great athlete could play a ton of different positions. If he comes here he could end up a MLB, OLB, H-Back, TE, or DE. He sounds like an impressive kid, I hope he walks on at the U!

He's really backed off on the Army option after checking out what it truly entails. I would never begrudge a kid lost to one of the service academies, but academy life and a military career, aren't for everyone.

Found this on YouTube.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7N3mSi4VfFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom