Chris Monter: Oak Hill Center A. J. Hammons To Make Minnesota Visit

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
A. J. Hammons, a 7-foot, 278-pound center of Mouth of Wilson (VA) Oak Hill Academy, will visit Minnesota this weekend. Hammons shot 58% from the field as he helped lead the Warriors to a 29-4 record and a No. 4 ranking by the USA Today. GopherHole.com recently caught up with Oak Hill Academy head coach Steve Smith to learn more about Hammons.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1476

This is good. Don't let him leave without a commitment.

We need an A.J. chant at the football game this weekend

Hope we get an A.J. chant going at the football on Saturday; maybe that will help close the deal.

Hope we get an A.J. chant going at the football on Saturday; maybe that will help close the deal.

Seems to me that would make us Gopher fans look extremely geeked out.

And here I thought it would make him feel like he is wanted…
I hope to see him stand next to Mo to see who is larger.

Purdue link talked Hammons 8-25-11 -- dated link

************* from below dated link
"AJ Hammons chances of commitment on Friday are Reply
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just about 0. Spiece Heat coach says AJ will visit Minnesota, but a date hasn't been worked out yet. It's key to note that AJ says Minnesota recruited him the hardest in July, so a visit to Minnesota was pretty much inevitable. Still great for coach Painter to get him to West Lafayette before Minnesota to show him all the upgrades to Purdue's facilities. I'm not familiar with Minnesota's facilities, but I'd imagine Purdue's upgrades will match or exceed theirs. Posted on 8/24 3:08 AM | IP: Logged

Re: AJ Hammons chances of commitment on Friday are Reply
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I live in Minnesota. We didn't need upgrades to have better facilities than Minnesota. Fans can enjoy the history and tradition of the barn, but Tubby Smith says high school kids don't care. They like new stuff. We should best Minnesota in facilities, location, weather, and overall state of the program. The only way I see him choosing Minnesota over us is if he just like Tubby and staff better than Painter and staff. Which of course is a huge factor and possible.
Posted on 8/25 1:03 AM | IP: Logged
"
http://purdue.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=52&tid=161782827&mid=161782827&sid=892&style=2

Hammons made an unofficial visit to Dayton on Aug. 20

-- cut and paste from below link
Meanwhile, A.J. Hammons of Oak Hill Academy, one of the top center prospects in the nation, made an unofficial visit to Dayton on Aug. 20, and one recruiting analyst believes the Flyers have a shot at landing him.

The 7-foot, 260-pound Carmel, Ind., native is rated as the 83th-best recruit in the senior class and 19th-best center by Scout.com. He has scholarship offers from Xavier, Cincinnati, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota and Georgia Tech.

“Coach Miller has done a good job of building a relationship in a short time. A.J. is a kid that likes a small atmosphere, and Dayton is one of the schools they’re seriously considering,” said Brian Snow of Scout.com.

http://www.middletownjournal.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/daytonflyers/

Top Bottom