Chris Johnson/S. Henderson

bailee88

Reaction score
SH could really learn something from Chris Johnson's experience. With his talent if he had gone to a big time football university instead of East Carolina he really could have made a name for himself. Who knows what CJ could have accomplished if he had only gone to Ohio State or some other footbball factory. I am not sure he will ever overcome this choice. Maybe with a lot of hard work and dedication he can salvage some type of NFL career. SH should see from this that the only path to the NFL is through one of the big time football schools.

You got to undestand that these players probably want to play in the big games too. BCS Bowls, National Championships, etc.

Not that the Gophers cant ever get there, it is just that some other programs have a better history of being able to get to that point.

So it is not always about the potential for NFL development.

SH could really learn something from Chris Johnson's experience. With his talent if he had gone to a big time football university instead of East Carolina he really could have made a name for himself. Who knows what CJ could have accomplished if he had only gone to Ohio State or some other footbball factory. I am not sure he will ever overcome this choice. Maybe with a lot of hard work and dedication he can salvage some type of NFL career. SH should see from this that the only path to the NFL is through one of the big time football schools.

Chris Johnson was a two-star recruit and his only BCS scholarship offers were from Kentucky and UConn. I know your post was meant to be sarcastic but it also says something about recruiting rankings. Something that the star-struck posters around here will find upsetting.

I like the way you think, but the analogy really doesn't work. CJ was a 2-star recruit that had offers from ECU, UConn and Eastern Kentucky.

I think it's a little different with offensive lineman than a skill position because they pretty much aren't household names anyway. That aside, there are plenty of guys that have made a name for themselves coming from small schools: TO, Romo, and (as an offensive line example) Matt Birk come to mind. Also, I don't know this for sure because I don't remember his recruitment, but I'm sure Chris Johnson didn't pick ECU over OSU. He probably wasn't highly recruited out of high school like SH?

Top Bottom