Chris Doyle's Son Enters Transfer Portal

Players have to be a bit more calculated / proactive with their moves.

Dad can stay put and hope to get a payout if they let him go.

Probably good to get out of there. He would always be Doyle's kid/son as to a mark on his back. Anymore players lined up to get out of there?

You mean Chris Doyle's son?

Yeah, thought the thread title looked off. Tough way to lose a potential starter but not surprised that he would be looking to move on as I am sure it is very awkward for him around the program right now with what is going on with his dad. Guessing he won't have much trouble finding a new home.....maybe he would look good in maroon and gold :)

Yes he would look good in maroon and gold. Probably join his brother who is a wrestler at Harvard. Had a couple of beers with a former player from Iowa. As he explained the culture, it was like the Marines. Think of meanest, hard assed drill instructor and you have Chris Doyle. Tear down then built back up seemed to be the goal. Some accepted the challenge others didn’t. He was white so perhaps he saw things in a different light. I do know he changed my attitude.

Yes he would look good in maroon and gold. Probably join his brother who is a wrestler at Harvard. Had a couple of beers with a former player from Iowa. As he explained the culture, it was like the Marines. Think of meanest, hard assed drill instructor and you have Chris Doyle. Tear down then built back up seemed to be the goal. Some accepted the challenge others didn’t. He was white so perhaps he saw things in a different light. I do know he changed my attitude.
Tear down build back up has been dying for a long time. Nick Saban gave a great talk on this . He talked of it being a huge waste of time and bad for chemistry.

Yeah, I agree Built. I think you get to know each and every one of your kids and learn and adapt to what they need as motivation. Knowing your people and your own personal strengths and weaknesses as a leader is important. I don't personally know Fleck or have even pretend to know a ton about his leadership style. But he certainly appears to build people up and knows how to get the most out of his players and those around him.

Tear down build back up has been dying for a long time. Nick Saban gave a great talk on this . He talked of it being a huge waste of time and bad for chemistry.

There are different styles that work for different people. I think with the current college-aged kids, it has its difficulties but these things ebb and flow.

One of my friends from growing up said the same thing about Doyle. He was really tough but he liked him and put a lot of his success on him. He thought Doyle was really a litmus test. My friend is African American and I have not talked to him since all of this stuff has come out, so I don't know what his stance would be on Doyle now. But I know that as of about a year ago, Doyle was someone he respected quite a bit.

Hard to say what was true and what wasn't. People do say strange things sometimes at bars.

Top Bottom