Chris Collins - UNC Transfer Commits

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Psalms 118:22<br>Thankful for the opportunity. <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherFootball?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@GopherFootball</a> <a href="https://t.co/sWwRJZ8TIy">pic.twitter.com/sWwRJZ8TIy</a></p>&mdash; Chris  (@chri_ca) <a href="">December 19, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Big dude, looks like he was mainly a backup at UNC. I'm guessing he was brought in to provide some depth with the Oliver departure. 1 year of eligibility.

This one you approve of?
I talked about stargazers in another thread and Yah-E is a prime example! Sees that he's a top 400ish recruit out of hs and a high 3* rating with quality offers gets his blood racing despite the fact that he hasn't been a consistent starter!

Great add imo but so are many of the incoming players who don't have as impressive a 247 profile!

This one you approve of?
Yah-E doesn't care about what the player has done only who they played for before coming to us. This kid went to UNC therefore he is the best of the transfers so far because he played at the biggest school. Guarantee there are others that feel the same way about transfers.

So folks are mad that another poster likes this transfer more than other transfers that they liked better?

So folks are mad that another poster likes this transfer more than other transfers that they liked better?
Nobody is mad. Just pointing out how some fans will be happier about a transfer that comes from a power 5 school, even if that player did little to nothing over the course of their career, than they will be over a super productive player at a lower level school.

Yah-E doesn't care about what the player has done only who they played for before coming to us. This kid went to UNC therefore he is the best of the transfers so far because he played at the biggest school. Guarantee there are others that feel the same way about transfers.
Yah-E is our bag man, he will like whoever he damn well chooses!

Nobody is mad. Just pointing out how some fans will be happier about a transfer that comes from a power 5 school, even if that player did little to nothing over the course of their career, than they will be over a super productive player at a lower level school.
I still don’t see why that would be a big deal. I could make a case either way 🤷‍♂️
Different strokes for different folks.

Being in NC the last 40 years I can say I hate the Tarheels but get force fed their sports coverage. I believe Collins will be a real contributor for us. He has the tools and has been breaking out the last 2 years. The change of scenery and culture could make him an NFL prospect. I hope I’m right. Besides I trust Rossi and Fleck.

That phenomenon is always odd as IMO the more upside is from guys who played well and come up from a "lower level" school than sideways transfers.

Having said that I also think that Portal transfers are varying levels of "roll of the dice" and a fairly high % of the chance you'll hardly ever hear about them again. It's really hard to know what those odds are.

Collins played what Mack Brown calls the “Jack.” A stand up edge that will drop back into coverage. That takes serious skill in his D.

Top Bottom