Chris Briggs a Gopher?

Reaction score
I picked this off the Southern Mississippi site. The Golden Eagles yesterday got a committment from a WR (Wartford) from Tuscaloosa, Ala. That is their 6th WR committment and their class is now at 24 committments. Cris Briggs has narrowed his choices to the Golden Eagles and the Gophers. A guess here on my part. I think the 3***Rivals and 2** Scout WR will be a Gopher.

He would be a good pickup. The Gophers have 3 WR commits and given the need, he would have a better shot at PT with MN. I like the thought he visited MN after the other school and not before. It seems the last impression on players many times influences the commit.

I picked this off the Southern Mississippi site. The Golden Eagles yesterday got a committment from a WR (Wartford) from Tuscaloosa, Ala. That is their 6th WR committment and their class is now at 24 committments. Cris Briggs has narrowed his choices to the Golden Eagles and the Gophers. A guess here on my part. I think the 3***Rivals and 2** Scout WR will be a Gopher.

ESPN has him as a Four Star recruit.

"Briggs is a big, imposing wide receiver in the mold of a possession player with huge upside in the red area. He is very tall with long arms and a long stride. We are not sure in time he wouldn't outgrow the position and become a receiving tight end or H-back. He is a smooth athlete with great feet and deceptive speed. Is a vertical threat because of his size and he has very good hands. A basketball player with natural hand-eye coordination. He will snatch the ball away from his body, he has excellent concentration, and he will catch over the middle, and he shows the ability to make adjustments on bad balls which is rare for a player of his size. He is very effective on jump balls and can take the ball away from defenders in traffic, and he appears to be competitive. He does a nice job with body control in crowd situations, and he has all the tools to develop into a scary red zone target. He has some open field run skills even though he doesn't have great speed, and he appears to have little elusiveness and ability to make yards after the catch for the next level. He is not a quick twitch athlete. He is tough, and he will work hard vs. zones and he has the size to push off vs. man to man coverage and shield the ball from defenders. Lulls people to sleep off the line and does not always look like he is moving full speed, but will then show a nice burst and acceleration. Solid prospect with terrific measurables."

I talked to Chris last night and he ius down to Southern Miss and Minnesota. He plans to sign Wednesday.

Chris Monter

I talked to Chris last night and he ius down to Southern Miss and Minnesota. He plans to sign Wednesday.

Chris Monter

Hey Chris,

Did you (or do you intend to) post that conversation? Or was it not that extensive? i'd be interested in reading it!

Chris Monter

Just curious, but when talking to recruits, I am assuming you cannot encourage them to sign with the team you write about, is that correct?

Just curious, but when talking to recruits, I am assuming you cannot encourage them to sign with the team you write about, is that correct?

I think Chris is like the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld, only he's the Ink Nazi, as in "Sign with the Gophers or NO INK FOR YOU!"

Is this a serious question?

Do you honestly entertain the possibility that it would be appropriate for a journalist to act as an advocate for the organization he is covering?

Top Bottom