Chow not going to USC staying at UCLA

Good take ... my understanding = Davis and Chow are close, so no Chow with the Trojans increases the chances of Davis staying.

I suspect Kiffin and his people are controlling leaks on a lot of this information so they can create the impression of instability in some of the programs they are recruiting against. And the bloggers and talking heads are eating their crap up like candy.

I suspect Kiffin and his people are controlling leaks on a lot of this information so they can create the impression of instability in some of the programs they are recruiting against. And the bloggers and talking heads are eating their crap up like candy.

That would sure fit- with Seantrel looking there and here. If Kiffin can plant some insecurity about Davis it could really have an effect on SH.

What I want to know is what SH thinks about the coming sanctions against USC?

If Davis is staying here, I'm sure the first phone call he makes after the Dead and Quiet periods is to SH to let him know he's still the Gopher O-line coach.

If Davis is staying here, I'm sure the first phone call he makes after the Dead and Quiet periods is to SH to let him know he's still the Gopher O-line coach.

Is it legal to have an intermediary during the dead period who happens to go to the same school?

nice balls on Chow to stay at UCLA. UCLA head coach was on Dan Patrick radio show today saying Chow told him he was staying at UCLA, Kiffin wants to call plays at USC, no play calling, no Chow.

Out here in LA the rumor was that USC AD Mike Garrett wanted Chow and Kiffin just had to grin and bear it. Chow and I think Davis are no friends of Kiffin but Garrett wanted to do an end around and get these guys without Kiffins permission....Supposedly they were offering Chow 1.5 million a year to be a coordinator...I am sure they might try to lure Davis with a ton of money, not sure what he makes now.

Out here in LA the rumor was that USC AD Mike Garrett wanted Chow and Kiffin just had to grin and bear it. Chow and I think Davis are no friends of Kiffin but Garrett wanted to do an end around and get these guys without Kiffins permission....Supposedly they were offering Chow 1.5 million a year to be a coordinator...I am sure they might try to lure Davis with a ton of money, not sure what he makes now.

I thought Chow made over 1M at UCLA though - but not 100% on that.

I thought Chow made over 1M at UCLA though - but not 100% on that.

I think his salary is like $800,000. I believe he was getting some money from a previous contract through this year which pushed him up to around $1.25M (off the top of my head).

I think his salary is like $800,000. I believe he was getting some money from a previous contract through this year which pushed him up to around $1.25M (off the top of my head).

so going from 1.2M to 1.4M is not enough to have to deal with pretty boy, and not be able to call plays as well. I would stay at UCLA too.

Lane seems just a little too unproven to be given so much hype. I don't get it. Fisch would be a genius given the roster Lane had during his OC tenure at USC. Has he done anything else of note?

Chow salary is $690,000 with $250,000 bonus is what was reported, so almost a mil. He was getting a mil at Tennessee so the Titans are on the hook for 50 grand. UCLA fans were saying why don't we just get Chow for a dollar since he's owed so much but I think it violated some NCAA rule. So they payed him a salary which was deducted from the million Tennessee owed him. But still 500,000 clams is nothing to sneeze at. But there are other fringe benefits at USC that can happen because they are private and not a public institution like UCLA. The rumor out here is that Lakers owner and USC alum Jerry Buss paid for Lane Kiffin's buyout at Tennessee. That might be a common practice at every big time institutions but it just seems slimy.

Chow salary is $690,000 with $250,000 bonus is what was reported, so almost a mil. He was getting a mil at Tennessee so the Titans are on the hook for 50 grand. UCLA fans were saying why don't we just get Chow for a dollar since he's owed so much but I think it violated some NCAA rule. So they payed him a salary which was deducted from the million Tennessee owed him. But still 500,000 clams is nothing to sneeze at. But there are other fringe benefits at USC that can happen because they are private and not a public institution like UCLA. The rumor out here is that Lakers owner and USC alum Jerry Buss paid for Lane Kiffin's buyout at Tennessee. That might be a common practice at every big time institutions but it just seems slimy.

yeah it does...

Im sure people here have helped with the Mason and Monson buyouts to though...I agree it does seem like a pretty slimy deal though...

Top Bottom