Chip

jamalo

Banned
Reaction score
Will never understand why he didn't play more after Nolen's injury. The guy just knows how to get to the basket.

Will never understand why he didn't play more after Nolen's injury. The guy just knows how to get to the basked.

Defense, he came in to guard Battle and he scored 7 straight after Mav didnt allow him to score.

If he is such a bad defender, why put him on their best scorer? Not disagreeing with you, just saying...

IMO, neither one of them is any where near a complete player. Today, Chip better on offense, terrible defense. Mav, pretty good defense, out of control on offense.

Defense, he came in to guard Battle and he scored 7 straight after Mav didnt allow him to score.

Agreed. Boneheaded coaching moves today: Playing Dawson. Sitting Trevor with 2 minutes to go. Playing Chip at the end. His defense just killed us.

Agreed. Boneheaded coaching moves today: Playing Dawson. Sitting Trevor with 2 minutes to go. Playing Chip at the end. His defense just killed us.

The boneheaded coaching moves weren't just today, they've been there all year. I really would like to hear Tubby's reasoning for the mass substitutions. We're playing well in the first half, take the lead, so don't you just let your team continue to play? Not Tubby, he puts in Chip, Hollins, Dawson and Colt with Hoff and watches the lead and momentum disappear.

The boneheaded coaching moves weren't just today, they've been there all year. I really would like to hear Tubby's reasoning for the mass substitutions. We're playing well in the first half, take the lead, so don't you just let your team continue to play? Not Tubby, he puts in Chip, Hollins, Dawson and Colt with Hoff and watches the lead and momentum disappear.

did winning this game really matter? the season has already been loss. maybe the recent coaching moves were to get certain players playing time in certain situations for the future.

Chip is not going to become a better defender sitting on the bench. why not have him out there in a close game at the end. he made a mistake losing Battle and Battle hit a big 3. the coaching staff can show him on film what he did wrong and hopefully he can get better and learn from it.

If you could combine Chips ability to get to the basket and score and Mav's ability to handle the ball and defend-you would have a pretty good player. Otherwise they are two pretty average players.

He wasn't on Battle during that stretch he was on their other little guard. Hoff was on Battle. Later in the game Tubby switched Armelin over to Battle - with mixed results. Ahanmisi played the best defense against Battle of all the guards but Aremlin did fine.

He wasn't on Battle during that stretch he was on their other little guard. Hoff was on Battle. Later in the game Tubby switched Armelin over to Battle - with mixed results. Ahanmisi played the best defense against Battle of all the guards but Aremlin did fine.

armelin was dreadful on defense. Stop seeing what you only want to see.

Love the kid on offense, but he is brutal on defense. I watched him on replay the last few minutes and he lost track of his guy almost every time. He also made two stupid fouls (I'm assuming he got the second foul called on him, but the announcers never stated so) that lead to four PSU points. Tubby needed to have a substitution pattern with Chip on offense and Hollins on defense imo. He used his timeouts so it could have happened without stop to any flow. I just don't get Tubby's thinking game to game.

armelin was dreadful on defense. Stop seeing what you only want to see.

I'm not saying he's a great defender - I'm telling you he was not assigned to Battle his first time on the floor. The next time he was out there, he was so awful the first time that Tubby put him on Battle. I'm not seeing what I want to see, I'm seeing the need to score to beat anybody. Armelin is a gamble but a better gamble than some they have. I will say this- today I thought Smith did a better job of trying to assign someone to Battle and not leave him to sag down as we have in all of our other games. Good adjustment.

When Armelin is playing Hoff is either on the bench or playing the point. Both have their disadvantages, ok for short spurts but not the whole game.

I'm impressed with Ahamisi, he is fundementally pretty good, goes to the basket out of control at times but the offense has been much improved the last two games with him in the game. The gophers will be more athletic next year, no doubt about it. It will be interesting to see how it changes the offense.

He wasn't on Battle during that stretch he was on their other little guard. Hoff was on Battle.

Which is worse. If the 2 guards were Hoff and Chip.....Williams should have been guarding battle with Chip on Brooks (cause there is no way Hoff could keep up with brooks).

When Armelin is playing Hoff is either on the bench or playing the point. Both have their disadvantages, ok for short spurts but not the whole game.

I'm impressed with Ahamisi, he is fundementally pretty good, goes to the basket out of control at times but the offense has been much improved the last two games with him in the game. The gophers will be more athletic next year, no doubt about it. It will be interesting to see how it changes the offense.

Ahanmisi is a smart player. He just lacks athleticism. He uses fundamentals like head fakes and shot fakes- unusual on this team. For him to be effective he has to become a great shooter and he has to learn to pull up for the mid range shot instead of go to the hole as much. A couple of tiems he beat his perimeter defender only to get snuffedout in the lane. Could have hit 10 footers.
He played spurts of good defense against Battle today.

Top Bottom