Chip Scoggins column: Scattershot arm Unfortunate shade of Gray

I'd say that was a fair and accurate article.

Chip needs to do the math, before he writes the story. Gray was 17/30 or 56.67%. " He needs to improve his completion percentage to 60 percent or higher and just make the routine plays." If he had hit one, just one more throw. He would have been 18/30 or 60%. If he had hit 4 more and gone 21/30 he would have been at 70% For the want of one more completion we use the shades of gray and scatterarm slam. Come on Chip, do some math.

Chip needs to do the math, before he writes the story. Gray was 17/30 or 56.67%. " He needs to improve his completion percentage to 60 percent or higher and just make the routine plays." If he had hit one, just one more throw. He would have been 18/30 or 60%. If he had hit 4 more and gone 21/30 he would have been at 70% For the want of one more completion we use the shades of gray and scatterarm slam. Come on Chip, do some math.

Some times the eye test means more than the stats.

If he hit one of the open recievers its 7. If he hit 4 it could have been 28 points. Now tonight Denard Robinson was 11/27 or 40.74 and Mc Carron was 11/21 or 52.38% Come on, man if Denard hits at 40.74 what is that?

He missed when it mattered, I think he had two touchdowns that were way off target, against a better team that is the difference between winning and losing.

Martinez was in the same boat last year, but he had a huge day Saturday, hitting close to 80%. Gray is about where Weber was, but he runs a lot better, which is why he should have been starting by his sophomore year - by now it would be paying off.

Great Plains Gopher said:
Martinez was in the same boat last year, but he had a huge day Saturday, hitting close to 80%. Gray is about where Weber was, but he runs a lot better, which is why he should have been starting by his sophomore year - by now it would be paying off.

Martinez had a huge game because he spent the better part of his summer working with a QB coach back in California during times when his teams coaches aren't allowed to work with players. He also attended the Manning QB camp and put in the time to improve his mechanics which looked much better than last year.

He missed when it mattered, I think he had two touchdowns that were way off target, against a better team that is the difference between winning and losing.

When did it matter most? How about throwing two strikes to Rabe in OT?

Except for the two TDs in OT. He actually hit when it MATTERED. Do the math.

I don't know if it was just watching it on tv, but it appeared Mcdonald could have either caught that ball or come pretty close, if he had been running. Looked like he was running about 60% and did not go after it.

Are we really defending Gray right now? During the game everyone was talking about how absolutely horrific he was. And deservedly so. The stats turned out being pretty good. These stats would have been great against a Wisconsin or Michigan State. It was against UNLV. He should have completed 85% with his only incompletions being drops and throw aways. He does NOT deserve a pass this week. Has to be much better.

Top Bottom