Chip: How a top lacrosse prospect from Woodbury landed a pile of football scholarship offers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Heck of a story, per Chip:

Jackson Carver decided to play football for the first time in his life last fall, a new activity in his senior year of high school.

It went well.

So very well, in fact, that the Woodbury teenager now holds football scholarship offers from more than 30 Division I schools, with a visit to powerhouse Alabama scheduled this week that might result in another offer to add to his list.

This doesn't seem plausible, or possible, not even in the wacky world of recruiting, that college football programs would be lining up to sign a kid who has played only one season of organized football and didn't even know how to properly put on football pads this time a year ago.

His list of scholarship offers already includes Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Miami, LSU, Auburn, Florida State and Michigan State. He also has had conversations with coaches from Clemson and Ohio State.

Carver, a tight end, seems unfazed by his meteoric rise in a sport he knew little about before last summer.

"I have never been one to doubt myself," he said.

Go Gophers!!

Will be interesting to see if he keeps his options open, but he just committed to Miami yesterday. Minnesota was the second P5 school to offer him after West Virginia.

This would never happen in Association football, ice hockey, rounders or basket.

Top Bottom