Chip and Mav need to go

GoldenUMNGopher

Reaction score
I am so sick of seeing these two come into the game and then let the turnovers rain. I kinda liked chip earlier in the year, but oh man does he suck right now. I dont know how a D1 player can shoot that bad. The turnovers from these 2 are what piss me off the most.

Seriously hope Tubby dumps these 2 and picks up Lockett and uses the other on Trevor if needed.

I don't think they need to go, but they need to recognize their roles better and play within themselves.

Not quite sure I agree with the trashing of our own players.

Hahahha...Are you serious? A full scholarship is a big deal. Rewarding a player who is def. not playing at a D1 level is not good. These 2 are pathetic at times. Its attitude like yours why this program cant take the next step. This is not grade school where we reward everyone for just trying.

Im sorry "their role" of wasting minutes and hurting the team is not acceptable.

Hahahha...Are you serious? A full scholarship is a big deal. Rewarding a player who is def. not playing at a D1 level is not good. These 2 are pathetic at times. Its attitude like yours why this program cant take the next step. This is not grade school where we reward everyone for just trying.

Im sorry "their role" of wasting minutes and hurting the team is not acceptable.

Let's destroy future recruiting by cutting 2 year players suggested by an anonymous board poster.

They can both play. When Welsh leaves Mav will be our only point guard reserve. I think that except for Andre, Chip is our only pure shooter.

They can both play. When Welsh leaves Mav will be our only point guard reserve. I think that except for Andre, Chip is our only pure shooter.

I like Chip just fine, but you must have him confused with someone else. He is in no way considered a pure shooter or even an average shooter....

Chip and pure shooter in the same sentence. My head is spinning.

Let's destroy future recruiting by cutting 2 year players suggested by an anonymous board poster.

Please for a second can we not be such homers. This practice of having players move on is common amongst most teams and why doing this would hurt recruiting is beyond me. Try again my man.

If you look at these 2 without any bias there is no way you can defend them. All validity is gone when comments like Chip being the teams 2nd best pure shooter is thrown out!!

For all of his faults and things I've come down on Tubby for, I think he's too classy to simply show Chip and Mav the door...I wouldn't mind if he helped them find another situation closer to their homes that would ensure them more playing time though.

I heard Coach Kill needs depth at wr and cb. Just sayin.

I am so sick of seeing these two come into the game and then let the turnovers rain. I kinda liked chip earlier in the year, but oh man does he suck right now. I dont know how a D1 player can shoot that bad. The turnovers from these 2 are what piss me off the most.

Seriously hope Tubby dumps these 2 and picks up Lockett and uses the other on Trevor if needed.

Amen

I'd have said the same thing about Ingram before he started playing more minutes.

There are 13 players on a team - some of them have to be at the end of the bench. I'll bet that players number 12 and 13 on most teams aren't exactly lighting up the stat sheets.

With Ingram getting some playing time now, I am getting confused. When I first read this, I thought you were saying that Ingram and Chip are our only two pure shooters and I was really perplexed. Then I realized you were talking about Dre Hollins.

There are 13 players on a team - some of them have to be at the end of the bench. I'll bet that players number 12 and 13 on most teams aren't exactly lighting up the stat sheets.

Same logic doesnt apply to this team though. On most teams players 12 and 13 never see the court. I do have to say Tubby has been getting better at making sure the best players log some major minutes as oppose to his mass subs. I dont its a coincidence either that the play of this team has been much better since he started to leave the core (Hollins,Hollins,Rodney) most of the game.

Please for a second can we not be such homers. This practice of having players move on is common amongst most teams and why doing this would hurt recruiting is beyond me. Try again my man.

If you look at these 2 without any bias there is no way you can defend them. All validity is gone when comments like Chip being the teams 2nd best pure shooter is thrown out!!

You seriously don't know how that would hurt recruiting? Really? Think a little bit harder and I bet you can figure it out.

Armelin has one turnover and two missed shots total in the NIT.

You seriously don't know how that would hurt recruiting? Really? Think a little bit harder and I bet you can figure it out.

Ive figured it out along with a lot of other teams in college basketball. Encouraging players, who are not cutting it, to transfer is a part of the game. Im sorry if you are a little slow to the game, but someday you will understand this.

Ive figured it out along with a lot of other teams in college basketball. Encouraging players, who are not cutting it, to transfer is a part of the game. Im sorry if you are a little slow to the game, but someday you will understand this.

Who said it wasn't? How does that magically mean it doesn't make sense that it would hurt recruiting? Losing so many basketball games that you don't even make the CBI is also part of the game. Does that mean that it doesn't hurt recruiting? Great logic. Players who aren't stars might feel less comfortable committing to a team that has a history of cutting players. It can also upset other players on the team who are friends with them and hurt team morale. "Im sorry if you are a little slow to the game, but someday you will understand this."

Why are you so hard on these guys? Mav only played 2 minutes and did not have a turnover at all. Chip had one in 5 minutes. Stuff happens sometimes. Didn't see any turnovers like rain from either one last night. I think you suck.

Apparently Tubby is supposed to recruit an entire roster of 5-star players - then keep them all happy when some of them don't get as much playing time as they think they deserve.

Fact of life in HS, college and pros - some guys are going to play more than others. On a successful teams, players accept their roles and look for opportunities to contribute. On a bad team, players start complaining and causing problems in the locker room. As far as I know, Ahanmisi and Armelin have not been trouble-makers. They may have some limitations as basketball players - but that's why they don't play more.

I still like Chip as an energy guy off the bench - especially in an open-court game where he can use his athleticism. (although, if he was as good of a defensive back as they say - maybe Tubby can trade him to Kill - keep him in school and free up a scholarship?????)

Top Bottom