Chicago Tribune story on Kill

He is so honest with high school prospects about what his program won't offer, his assistants tease that Kill "de-recruits'' them. He mocks today's 24/7 news cycle that speculates on jobs and the idea of using Facebook or Twitter to recruit.

Not sure how to read into this.

This is a good guy and a great coach. I have said it earlier, but this could be a sleeper hire. I think he brings in an attitude the U has not seen for a long time. As for his recruiting, he now has a real university and a real program to promote and I think he will know how to use it to his advantage. The more I learn of this guy, the more I like him.

If Kill can win, I think a ton of Minnesotan's will be able to relate to Coach Kill and start showing interest in the program. This could be a sleeper hire. Guess we just wait and see.

Good read...

Enjoyed the article from Chicago. I'm excited to get this thing going with him! Wonder how his recruiting approach will fly in the Big Ten.

If Kill can win, I think a ton of Minnesotan's will be able to relate to Coach Kill and start showing interest in the program. This could be a sleeper hire. Guess we just wait and see.

true, this could be the next Coach Ferentz of Iowa

Just Hope The New Coach Doesn't...

Not sure how to read into this.

Kill recruiting!
gun-gopher.jpg

Have to admit the guys got a cool name though eh?

Just saying.

Think of the t-shirt opportunities.

Kill!

This is a pretty good hire for Minnesota. Kill's teams are disciplined and play hard-nosed football and he recruits good kids. I can't understand the attitude of a lot of Gopher fans on this board who are already writing this guy off. It seems that some fans had unrealistic expectations, and maybe have forgotten what a good football coach looks like.

Kill gives you the steak, not the sizzle. Minnesota's been missing the steak for a number of years.

This is a pretty good hire for Minnesota. Kill's teams are disciplined and play hard-nosed football and he recruits good kids. I can't understand the attitude of a lot of Gopher fans on this board who are already writing this guy off. It seems that some fans had unrealistic expectations, and maybe have forgotten what a good football coach looks like.

Kill gives you the steak, not the sizzle. Minnesota's been missing the steak for a number of years.

Well said. There are a lot of us gopher fans who do not understand the negativity either. I think that will change in about a year's time.

Sleeper hire? ROTFLMAO!!

I'm not 100% for or against Kill but sleeper hire?? Come on.

Sleeper hire? ROTFLMAO!!

I'm not 100% for or against Kill but sleeper hire?? Come on.

What's the problem with saying he may be a sleeper hire? Most are not giving him much of a chance. Most didn't consider him one of the top candidates. If he comes here and is successful, wouldn't that make him a sleeper?

I like him. I read an auto-biography of Bud Grant a few years ago and Kill reminds me of Grant.

I agree that the recruiting comments make me nervous but assistants do the recruiting I think and the HC is just a closer.

One little side benefit, if he does turn things around I don't think he'd leave the U for another job. I think he'll like Minnesota and I think Minnesota will like him, once we start winning.

One little side benefit, if he does turn things around I don't think he'd leave the U for another job. I think he'll like Minnesota and I think Minnesota will like him, once we start winning.

Why wouldn't he? He has no ties whatsoever to MN.

Top Bottom