Chicago State has informed the WAC that its men’s basketball team will not play its road games against Seattle & Utah St

Coincidentally, the University of Minnesota informed the Big Ten offices it's mens basketball team wont be showing up for road games under the current coach, and home games are an iffy proposition as well.

Chicago State is pathetic, frankly. It has nothing to do with CoV.

They can barely afford to have an athletics program. The school is an NAIA school. It needs, badly, to be kicked out of DI. It has no fans. It has no money.

I would guess it used this as an excuse not to spend the money on plane trips for the team that is 0-14 in conference, 4-25 overall, just to get two more losses.

Chicago State is pathetic, frankly. It has nothing to do with CoV.

They can barely afford to have an athletics program. The school is an NAIA school. It needs, badly, to be kicked out of DI. It has no fans. It has no money.

I would guess it used this as an excuse not to spend the money on plane trips for the team that is 0-14 in conference, 4-25 overall, just to get two more losses.

Holy cow, I just googled Chicago State. They have a graduation rate of 10%. Only 2,000 students.

Last season, they had an average of 418 people come to their 9 home games.

Sounds like the college is barely staying afloat.

Top Bottom