Chemistry

andy

Reaction score
There are serious, serious issues on this team. Why was our starting backcourt (upperclassmen), benched for half of a very important game last week? Methinks too many relatively similar talents competing for limited minutes, and people are starting to get a bad attitude. It shows on the court, not just when they have their little pow-wows at the free throw line, but also in how they play... their general body language and demeanor. This, of course, negatively affects their play.

That, and they can't shoot free throws for some reason.

There are serious, serious issues on this team. Why was our starting backcourt (upperclassmen), benched for half of a very important game last week? Methinks too many relatively similar talents competing for limited minutes, and people are starting to get a bad attitude. It shows on the court, not just when they have their little pow-wows at the free throw line, but also in how they play... their general body language and demeanor. This, of course, negatively affects their play.

I wondered the same thing. The body language and something else just seem to point to a lack of chemistry on this team, notwithstanding reports that off the court there is great team chemistry.

I wondered the same thing. The body language and something else just seem to point to a lack of chemistry on this team, notwithstanding reports that off the court there is great team chemistry.

I would say they look the most like the team did the year Humphries was on board. But I also haven't heard anything about personality issues... yet. Oh well. We now have our work cut out for us in the very difficult Big Ten.

"Methinks"
Are you serious?

I don't think so. I just think the team needs a "go to" guy or a "go to" line up. They've got a ton of interchangeable parts but no one has demonstrated the ability to put the team on his back for a critical three minute period. Westbrook did it last year but so far no one has picked it up this year.

I don't think so. I just think the team needs a "go to" guy or a "go to" line up. They've got a ton of interchangeable parts but no one has demonstrated the ability to put the team on his back for a critical three minute period. Westbrook did it last year but so far no one has picked it up this year.

That may be... I am just confounded by the fact that an otherwise talented roster playing tough defense can be so ineffective. It sounds alot like another Gopher team I watched this fall.

Westbrook is the problem. He is always pouting when on the floor and looks for HIS shot first. Devoe is pushing him and he doesn't like it. You get this out of your captain and it trickles down.

Top Bottom