Cheapest and most expensive bowl games

Nate

cum grano salis
Reaction score
The below graphic details all 38 bowl games, including the date and opponents. The "get-in" price was used for each -- the cheapest ticket made available on the website, which is considered a secondary market.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...e-bowls-ticket-prices-opposite-ends/20601345/

EqGgQAb.jpg

This is not going to be a good looking crowd on TV. I think it's safe to make that assumption with $15 dollar tickets available.

I wonder what the capacity is of each of the stadiums though. The Military Bowl, for example, is at a stadium with a capacity of 34,000 compared to 65,000 at the Citrus Bowl. Of course tickets are going to be more expensive. The Independence Bowl has a capacity of under 50,000. Sun Bowl stadium is at 51,000.

Also, on stubhub, there are only four groups of tickets that are under $40. Anyone can put tickets up there and charge what they want. Three groups of tickets are at $16.29 each, another at $31.50, and then it goes past $40.

I wonder what the capacity is of each of the stadiums though. The Military Bowl, for example, is at a stadium with a capacity of 34,000 compared to 65,000 at the Citrus Bowl. Of course tickets are going to be more expensive. The Independence Bowl has a capacity of under 50,000. Sun Bowl stadium is at 51,000.

Also, on stubhub, there are only four groups of tickets that are under $40. Anyone can put tickets up there and charge what they want. Three groups of tickets are at $16.29 each, another at $31.50, and then it goes past $40.

If I had seen this list earlier, I would have opted for the Hawaii Bowl. Seriously, what you say is true. However, the prices have continued to drop over the last couple of weeks. I'm guessing they will continue to drop and there will become a point that sellers start to panic and you'll see a boat load of tickets for around $5 or $10. I'm guessing a significant number of these $5 and $10 tickets will start showing up a few days before the game with a fire-sale in the last 24-hours.

$132 for the Pinstripe Bowl? Man, those Penn State fans are nuts. Who wants to pay $132 to freeze your ba**s off for a 2nd/3rd-rate bowl game at a baseball stadium in late December?

Top Bottom