Charlie Miller

go4rube

By the Beard of Zeus!
Reaction score
Sounds like he will be announcing in a little less than 30 minutes...

Long shot, but I guess we're still in the running. Sounds like it's between Wake Forest, NIU, Vandy, Kentucky, and us.

Another thread states that we don't expect any more LOI's today, so my guess is he a NO.

I would be surprised if he committed to us with KJ Maye already on board.

Another thread states that we don't expect any more LOI's today, so my guess is he a NO.

If he never told the staff though, why would they "expect" any more signees? Chances are, he doesn't sign with us, but just throwing that out there as a possibility.

Agreed. I'm just not sure they would say that unless they had a good idea. I think if they were holding out hope their response would have been noncommittal.

He's headed to NIU.

I really question the common sense of someone with several (apparently solid) BCS offers who would head to a non-AQ school. Northern Illinois is a nice little school, but it's in the MAC and we're not exactly talking Boise St. here.

I really question the common sense of someone with several (apparently solid) BCS offers who would head to a non-AQ school. Northern Illinois is a nice little school, but it's in the MAC and we're not exactly talking Boise St. here.

Hmm. Maybe he liked his visit to Dekalb? (No way in hell). Solid get for the Huskies.

It seems entirely possible they weren't solid.

There are a lot of factors that go into a decision and I'm not going to fault Charlie Miller or question his common sense because he chose NIU. I think a lot of us--myself included--try to boil these decisions down to irreducible football terms. I doubt that's the case for the kids making these decisions.

According to NIU's official Signee roster, he isn't listed yet. However, there is another player Named Charles Ivory from the same high school. Friends sticking together?

Top Bottom