Charlie Miller

Gone are the days of scoffing at ISU offers. Rhoads has them moving in the right direction.

i read some where that there are 3 wr from fla that the gophs are persuing really hard, he is the one we are expected to get. i think we will see some big comitments over the next couple weeks!!

also i have noice most of our wr recruits are 6' and under... we need a couple tall jump ball types....

also i have noice most of our wr recruits are 6' and under... we need a couple tall jump ball types....

Yeah, i'd like to get another larger WR, but we are bringing in Fruechte who is 6'2" 205, and DCT is 6'2". (Harris is 6'3" too)

We also have some younger guys who haven't shown much yet in Kiese and Cameron Wilson that over 6'1".

But yeah, most of the younger guys we've brought in are smaller (Jones, Harbison, hopefully Miller). I'm ok with it though, 5'11" is big enough to play on the outside in college football and these guys seem so talentented and our team is in desperate need of some offensive playmakers.

This kid is a stud, recruiting will continue to pick up for him. His first snap of playing organized football was this fall so he is still a new name on the recruiting trail, let's hope he has a great visit and elects to verbal early.

Sonny : Is this the kid who was a really good basketball? I thought I remember a story about a possible recruit who is a good basketball who went out for football this season (for the first time) and tore it up. I thought I remember him being from FL too.

Yep, pretty sure you are thinking of this kid. Basketball player who was convinced by the coach to give football a try.

I like having guys who can get open. If Moulton can figure out how to catch the ball he could be dangerous.

After watching his highlights, I don't care if he's 5'6", sign him up! The kid's got speed, hands, and the ability to change direction on a dime. Let's hope he commits.

Beast!! He is the fastest guy on the field. Let's cross our fingers.

Nelson has his official this weekend too so you can bet they will be spending some time together. I wonder if it is within rules for them to have a throwing session together? I think so, but coaches can't be there?

This kid might have as many YAC as he does receiving yards! Ridiculous.

Nelson has his official this weekend too so you can bet they will be spending some time together. I wonder if it is within rules for them to have a throwing session together? I think so, but coaches can't be there?

beautiful. JK is a man with a plan - love it.

Is this the same guy? Sounds like it but Michigan and Wisconsin might be interested? Its a Bleacher Report article from September, so not exactly the best source, but just what 'the google' turned up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...orida-playmaking-receiver-next-anthony-carter

Same guy. The badgers were recruiting him pretty seriously, but got a committment from a different receiver and never offered.

I liked his film a lot. He has a super funky running style, but looks like he can move really well. Would be a good pickup for the gophs.

Would be interesting to see what he could do with a QB that could hit him in stride on the streak routes.

Holy crap. Is he just that much faster than every other guy? Dude has some major wheels and hands to boot! I like him.

It looks like he has great hands and made some excellent leaping catches. Its hard to judge his speed. He was ran down a couple times and his QB didn't exactly do the greatest job of hitting him in stride on a couple throws. However one of those punt returns looked pretty fast.

Miller is a gem, but let's bring in the QB, too! He's got a rocket of an arm with accuracy.

He's a playmaker, Minnesota needs all the playmakers they can get at this point. Hopefully Kill can reel him in.

Thanks for posting these recruiting updates, dpodoll68!

This is an interesting one. The WR recruiting this year has been a bit of a mystery for me this year. I was thinking Chance Allen from Texas was going to wind up here but it sure looks like this Charlie Miller thing is for real. He seems similar to Marcus Jones to me. Maybe both? I'm wondering if a few of the guys that have been showing some indecision like the Florida WR's and Harbison has made it a headache for the recruiting staff. Not that receivers are drama kings anyways. ;)

Harbison?

I haven't heard anything about him re-thinking his commitment, do you have some information on why and who else is re-thinking?

I haven't heard anything about him re-thinking his commitment, do you have some information on why and who else is re-thinking?
People think Harbison is rethinking his commitment because he did exactly what he said he would do when he committed, followed through on his official visits.

Top Bottom