Charley Walters..pioneer press article.today

How easy and lazy is it to write an article like this? "Little Birdie".....for all we know that could be one of us posting on GH....SMH
And per month is garbage. Per month what? School year? Season? Calander year?

And per month is garbage. Per month what? School year? Season? Calander year?
Agree my understanding unless you are livvy Dunne or Caitlin Clarke most nils pay oncecthe season starts and oncecit ends if u go into the portal its done if you are graduating and fullfilled your obligation you get NIL until end of schiol year.
PLEAAE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG I AM IGNORANT ON THIS TOPIC!

Agree my understanding unless you are livvy Dunne or Caitlin Clarke most nils pay oncecthe season starts and oncecit ends if u go into the portal its done if you are graduating and fullfilled your obligation you get NIL until end of schiol year.
PLEAAE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG I AM IGNORANT ON THIS TOPIC!
No, I believe you’re correct. However, since he included a 10 month period for Christie, and amounts it creates contradicting information. Especially given that is a rumored amount. Christie isn’t available for another 2 weeks, if he is so at all. He also doesn’t include the timeframes for Payne and Hawkins. Which could have vastly different meaning than the DTA payment structure that we know 100% about. His totals contradict all other information about Payne and Hawkins.

He’s a columnist, so it makes it patheticly sloppy. If this were a message board, it’s a few questions to get back to correct.

I guess it matters to me, because there are vastly different problems paying somebody by the month vs a total figure. If DTA doesn’t need money for a year, and we are losing starters for small gaps in cash, then that suggests DTA is seriously F-ing up. Almost to the point they need someone that understands money, cash, finance, economics, negotiation, and accounting in their org.

An example would be Hawkins; rumor has it he was getting $250k from us. His implied total being 300k. Assuming 20% up front that means you lost him for $10k now and 6,700 per month stream that you don’t need to have till November.

That could have vastly different meanings. Especially if you lost out of Payne, whom we could have moved cash around to field a more competitive offer if his little bridie is correct.

Charley has been around for a long time. He knows people who tell him things. how accurate those things are is open for discussion, but he's not just making stuff up. If it's in print, someone gave him that information.

but as always, when someone offers to provide information to a reporter, the 1st question the reporter should ask is "why is this person giving me this information?" "What is their angle?"

I am starting to think that the NIL numbers at MN are indeed lower than a lot of people estimate.

Charley has been around for a long time. He knows people who tell him things. how accurate those things are is open for discussion, but he's not just making stuff up. If it's in print, someone gave him that information.

but as always, when someone offers to provide information to a reporter, the 1st question the reporter should ask is "why is this person giving me this information?" "What is their angle?"

I am starting to think that the NIL numbers at MN are indeed lower than a lot of people estimate.
Again from pioneer press..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240512_173809~2.png
    Screenshot_20240512_173809~2.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 27

Top Bottom