Charles Hallman: Gopher recruiting failures lead to chronic weakness

How often does Gonzaga recruit MN players? Genuine question

Frequently. They had a guy from Maple Grove during the Monson era (name escapes me). I think they have a foot in the door most of the time. Tangentially at best, I still doubt we see Suggs in Zag uniform. I'm betting he ends up down under. Maybe the virus changes that, but I doubt it.

So at least one MN kid per year? More, less?

The apathetic Minnesota fan base doesn't deserve a winner. Supporting your team only when convenient does not cut it. IU has been just as pedestrian as us and they sell out.
WE have had season tickets for 40 years. Hardly ever missed a game in all that time and stayed with the team cheering them on through the good and the bad years. Our grandchildren learned the Minnesota Rouser as their first song and to this day still sing it even though they are in Boston so I resent the above statement. I am one of the fans who was and is very ready for a new coach. So call it what you will I say perhaps we are just burned out.

Frequently. They had a guy from Maple Grove during the Monson era (name escapes me). I think they have a foot in the door most of the time. Tangentially at best, I still doubt we see Suggs in Zag uniform. I'm betting he ends up down under. Maybe the virus changes that, but I doubt it.
Looks to me like he is pretty set on Gonzaga. I would guess he goes there and not abroad.

WE have had season tickets for 40 years. Hardly ever missed a game in all that time and stayed with the team cheering them on through the good and the bad years. Our grandchildren learned the Minnesota Rouser as their first song and to this day still sing it even though they are in Boston so I resent the above statement. I am one of the fans who was and is very ready for a new coach. So call it what you will I say perhaps we are just burned out.
IU has been far more successful than we have.

Top Bottom