Charles Buggs, is that you ESPN is highlighting?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Had totally forgotten that was where he ended up. Looking at his stats looks like he has seen some limited action for them this season, even got 2 starts but appears to mostly be a bit player.

I can think of worse ways to spend your last season in basketball than hanging out at USC. But I'm sure part of him wishes he were still here for this run. Worked out for the best for us though, certainly.

Noticed something when I was looking at that ESPN assessment of the teams that were on the bubble. On the right side they list the teams that are locks. And I had to go back to confirm something, they list the locks from the projected highest seed to the lowest seed, for example, KU and UNC and Villanova were all listed first among the teams that were locks. And when looking at the B1G Conference, NW was the last teams listed as a lock, but who did they list first???

You all gotta click on the link and go look for yourselves!!! It's a great time to be a Gopher fan!!!

With Fitz's ACL tear I wouldn't have minded him backing up Amir at SF this year.

With Fitz's ACL tear I wouldn't have minded him backing up Amir at SF this year.

Buggsy has been getting 9 minutes per game and averaging 2.3 pts per game - shooting 3's and getting dunks. :)

Noticed something when I was looking at that ESPN assessment of the teams that were on the bubble. On the right side they list the teams that are locks. And I had to go back to confirm something, they list the locks from the projected highest seed to the lowest seed, for example, KU and UNC and Villanova were all listed first among the teams that were locks. And when looking at the B1G Conference, NW was the last teams listed as a lock, but who did they list first???

You all gotta click on the link and go look for yourselves!!! It's a great time to be a Gopher fan!!!

I noticed this as well. Very interesting, but then you go over to Lunardi's bracketology and see him giving us a worse seed than most of the bracketologists.

Buggsy has been getting 9 minutes per game and averaging 2.3 pts per game - shooting 3's and getting dunks. :)

How's his on-court spacing working out:confused:

I noticed this as well. Very interesting, but then you go over to Lunardi's bracketology and see him giving us a worse seed than most of the bracketologists.

Isn't that just ordered by rpi rank?

Nah. Speaking strictly from an on court, basketball sense, dude was a liability. A guy that will be playing 4-8 mns a night (ala the Gilbert/Hurt role) HAS to be able to at the very least be in the right spots at the right time. At least Hurt comes in and plays decent team D and doesn't cause issues on O during those place holding minutes.

Nah. Speaking strictly from an on court, basketball sense, dude was a liability. A guy that will be playing 4-8 mns a night (ala the Gilbert/Hurt role) HAS to be able to at the very least be in the right spots at the right time. At least Hurt comes in and plays decent team D and doesn't cause issues on O during those place holding minutes.

Dude was a major liability, not sure I wouldn't take him over Gilly right now though!

Hurt got the minutes the last couple games (13 last night) grabbed a few boards, he did ok. For a shooter, he must really have very little confidence right now, hope he comes back next year a much more aggressive and confident young man.

Dude was a major liability, not sure I wouldn't take him over Gilly right now though!

Hurt got the minutes the last couple games (13 last night) grabbed a few boards, he did ok. For a shooter, he must really have very little confidence right now, hope he comes back next year a much more aggressive and confident young man.

I say he will. Fundamentally he's a Good ball player who is adapting to the higher level. Always a hard worker, he knows what he needs to do and he will work to do it. Remember Mcbrayer had a thread started on 2-11-2017 regarding his play. Read the first few. Look at him now!

One night he fouled out in under 9 minutes - and it wasn't end of game.

One night he fouled out in under 9 minutes - and it wasn't end of game.

The Iowa game redeems everything. I will always remember Buggs for the Iowa game last year. :)

The Iowa game redeems everything. I will always remember Buggs for the Iowa game last year. :)
That was my second favorite thing he did for the Gophers. My top favorite is when he transferred.

Interestingly, his shooting percentages and per minute totals are much better this year.

Top Bottom