Chanhassen EDGE Sam Macy commits

From the photo, he's a lanky 220.

Trying to decide what it means that PJ has received commitments from 7 of top 9 in-state kids. I think it may mean that after 6 years of pretty good success, stability around the program, multiple years of kids attending his camps, coaches visiting schools, working with the state coaches association, etc, local kids WANT to be Gophers and play for him and the state school. That is a huge achievement and hasn't been the case around here for the most part in a long time. Obviously, still need high quality kids from elsewhere, but if your base every year is the best kids from your state, I think it leads to a continuation of quality football. We'll see, I guess.

Trying to decide what it means that PJ has received commitments from 7 of top 9 in-state kids. I think it may mean that after 6 years of pretty good success, stability around the program, multiple years of kids attending his camps, coaches visiting schools, working with the state coaches association, etc, local kids WANT to be Gophers and play for him and the state school. That is a huge achievement and hasn't been the case around here for the most part in a long time. Obviously, still need high quality kids from elsewhere, but if your base every year is the best kids from your state, I think it leads to a continuation of quality football. We'll see, I guess.
Fleck is also offering more in state kids, I think it is a direct result of the free transfer rules. I tend to agree with the strategy. Seems to be decent evidence that kids from further away are more likely to transfer.

I think kids always wanted to be Gophers, he is doing what I said along time ago, bring in as many great local athletes as possible. Yes, the new rules that allows athletes to transfer, will be reduced with local kids. PJ is now comfortable with the lay of the land and local resources. Only took him 5 or 6 years.

I think kids always wanted to be Gophers, he is doing what I said along time ago, bring in as many great local athletes as possible. Yes, the new rules that allows athletes to transfer, will be reduced with local kids. PJ is now comfortable with the lay of the land and local resources. Only took him 5 or 6 years.
I do think that there was a bit of a bit of arms length, show-me, from local kids the 1st few years, which is perfectly understandable.

I've never been huge on us needing to recruit well in MN to win, i figured it would just come with winning.

But it is a nice bonus / I like it.

Fleck is also offering more in state kids, I think it is a direct result of the free transfer rules. I tend to agree with the strategy. Seems to be decent evidence that kids from further away are more likely to transfer.
He has cultivated relationships with instate coaches over the last five years. MN kids have been going to his camps. He is planting the seeds for more Gopher dreamers.

Slim + m + ing = slimming
Slime - e + ing = sliming
Grammar Police. Is that an elected position or are you just that guy? Rhetorical question.

Is that you Sister Mary Peter's? Sorry, sister Mary Peters. Damn apostrophe gets me everytime.

Does this mean Wyatt Gilmore isn’t staying home?

I think there’s still a chance. He was highly complimentry of the Gophers in the past. They need another DE as the other DL recruits are all DT.

I've never been huge on us needing to recruit well in MN to win, i figured it would just come with winning.

But it is a nice bonus / I like it.
I also like it as hopefully it promotes more folks in the stands as they know the players. Welcome!

Amen and amen. Well stated TN.

Yeah, I think the transfer rules have changed PJ's strategy a bit but I also think his success on the field has made that strategy more successful.

Gotta love when guys commit right when they get their offer. Means they really want to be here and were just waiting for the opportunity.

Top Bottom