Chances that Mbakwe, Sampson, and Rodney going pro...

Rodney will get a shot to play in the NBA. He's a phenom athlete. He just needs either work on his offensive game or become a lock down defender. He has no excuse for not working on his game, he should be shooting hundreds of shots a day in the off season whether he's told to or not. If he becomes just a little bit of a threat from the outside people will have to go out and guard him and then he can blow by them and go in for the dunk.

Don't think Ralph will ever play in the NBA, he might get a chance at the D league because of his last name but unless he becomes a lot stronger he won't be a pf in the nba, too soft and he doesn't have the skill set of an unconventional 4 man. I could see him in Europe and making plenty of money playing basketball.

I think Trevor has a future in the NBA but I don't think he'll get drafted. He's not the face up 4 a lot of teams have but not every team has that kind of 4 man. He's a pf who probably will develop some sort of shot away from the basket but that's not why he would play in the nba. It's because he's a good post defender, terrific rebounder and has the wheels to guard the pick and roll pretty well. At 6'8 240 what he lacks in height he makes up for with his motor and leaping ability. He might even play the 5 if he proves he can defend bigger taller guys.

Rodney will get a shot to play in the NBA. He's a phenom athlete. He just needs either work on his offensive game or become a lock down defender. He has no excuse for not working on his game, he should be shooting hundreds of shots a day in the off season whether he's told to or not. If he becomes just a little bit of a threat from the outside people will have to go out and guard him and then he can blow by them and go in for the dunk.

Don't think Ralph will ever play in the NBA, he might get a chance at the D league because of his last name but unless he becomes a lot stronger he won't be a pf in the nba, too soft and he doesn't have the skill set of an unconventional 4 man. I could see him in Europe and making plenty of money playing basketball.

I think Trevor has a future in the NBA but I don't think he'll get drafted. He's not the face up 4 a lot of teams have but not every team has that kind of 4 man. He's a pf who probably will develop some sort of shot away from the basket but that's not why he would play in the nba. It's because he's a good post defender, terrific rebounder and has the wheels to guard the pick and roll pretty well. At 6'8 240 what he lacks in height he makes up for with his motor and leaping ability. He might even play the 5 if he proves he can defend bigger taller guys.

I guess I missed what he brought to the table defensively last year... maybe coming across to give help by blocking some shots, but straight up...wasn't that impressive. He seemed to get out of position, get out to cover the arc late, and have trouble with the pick and roll when I watched. All things he can improve on though.

I think he has the ability but hasn't shown it consistently. As I said I don't think he'll get drafted in the first round at all even if he came back and had a great year. He might be able to go 2nd round by coming back and having a good to great year. You just don't fall in love with his size or potential. He's not going to get much better than what he is now unless it's defensively and strength. He's 6'8 240, a big time rebounder, has good post scoring ability, great leaper, he moves pretty well on defense but must become a better student of the game just doesn't have a huge upside. I don't think he should try and be something he's not. He's a banger and he should try to put on a little weight with strength training and bang his way to the nba.

I personally don't see why he couldn't make an NBA roster. The NBA draft is about finding super stars or guys you think can become that. Trevor will never be a super star at any pro level IMO but it doesn't mean he can't go to a training camp, work hard, play hard, play in the d league a while and get called up, it happens all the time.

Top Bottom