1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. Alabama
4. Cincinnati

5. Michigan
6. Notre Dame
7. Oklahoma St
8. Baylor

Michigan could fall out after next week and Oklahoma could jump to 6. I think the top 4 might be set?

Unless Cincy loses next week or in their conference title game. Does a 2 loss Alabama get in if they lose to Georgia? Or does Notre Dame get in? Cincy and AL losses put Notre Dame and OK or OK St in? could get interesting I guess.

Shaping up to be?

1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. Alabama
4. Cincinnati

5. Michigan
6. Notre Dame
7. Oklahoma St
8. Baylor

Michigan could fall out after next week and Oklahoma could jump to 6. I think the top 4 might be set?

Unless Cincy loses next week or in their conference title game. Does a 2 loss Alabama get in if they lose to Georgia? Or does Notre Dame get in? Cincy and AL losses put Notre Dame and OK or OK St in? could get interesting I guess.
I hope GA smokes Bama, like 35-14, so they can't put them in - if it's close they'll probably try to and Saban will whine about it, but if they get thumped then it becomes a moot point IMO.

If UC wins out, they deserve a spot. The thing that throws a wrench into the works is if Bama beats Georgia but the score is close or controversial. In that case, there will be a big push to keep Georgia in the Top 4. The other big issue would be if OSU loses vs. Michigan or in the B1G title game. In either of those cases, the SEC will get 2 spots. I am just happy Oregon is losing today so the PAC is eliminated. I don't think the B12 deserves a spot - but, if it is them of a 2 loss Bama, I take them.

Alabama, Okla St, and Notre Dame deserve it over Cincy

Me thinks the final CFP rankings will shape up like so:

1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. Cincinnati
4. Oklahoma State

This is it right here. The wild cards would be Alabama beating Georgia and Oklahoma beating Oklahoma State.

Everyone is talking about the playoff implications of Bama-Georgia, and rightfully so, but I wouldn’t put it past auburn to play spoiler next week. Even if they suck this year. Jordan-Hare just has some voodoo around it

If UC wins out, they deserve a spot. The thing that throws a wrench into the works is if Bama beats Georgia but the score is close or controversial. In that case, there will be a big push to keep Georgia in the Top 4. The other big issue would be if OSU loses vs. Michigan or in the B1G title game. In either of those cases, the SEC will get 2 spots. I am just happy Oregon is losing today so the PAC is eliminated. I don't think the B12 deserves a spot - but, if it is them of a 2 loss Bama, I take them.

That would be Georgia's first loss of the season. They'd absolutely still be in. Fact is....one loss power five teams will make it.

Everyone is talking about the playoff implications of Bama-Georgia, and rightfully so, but I wouldn’t put it past auburn to play spoiler next week. Even if they suck this year. Jordan-Hare just has some voodoo around it
Good post and welcome!

Alabama, Okla St, and Notre Dame deserve it over Cincy

Sorry, you can't be serious. Cinci beat Notre Dame SOUNDLY. So that one is out. And a 2-loss team - even in SEC - would not deserve a shot over Cinci with said sound victory over a fellow Top 6 team. Bama wouldn't have a win close to that quality. Honestly, their best win would be Ole Miss. Not super impressive

Sorry, you can't be serious. Cinci beat Notre Dame SOUNDLY. So that one is out. And a 2-loss team - even in SEC - would not deserve a shot over Cinci with said sound victory over a fellow Top 6 team. Bama wouldn't have a win close to that quality. Honestly, their best win would be Ole Miss. Not super impressive
All three played at least 10 P5 teams.

How many did Cincy play? Like 2 or 3?

Playing even bad P5 teams, especially on the road, is much more difficult than playing G5 teams.

Cincy doesn't deserve it. I won't change my mind, no matter what.

Doesn't mean they won't get voted in. I don't have a vote.

All three played at least 10 P5 teams.

How many did Cincy play? Like 2 or 3?

Playing even bad P5 teams, especially on the road, is much more difficult than playing G5 teams.

Cincy doesn't deserve it. I won't change my mind, no matter what.

Doesn't mean they won't get voted in. I don't have a vote.

Weird hill to die on. Especially this Notre Dame shit. Did you see how bad the ACC is this year?

Yeah since wins against unranked AAC teams should get you in the playoff. :rolleyes:

Notre Dame has wins against Toledo, Navy, Georgia Tech, Florida State and Virginia. There is a strong argument to be made that many of those teams would not finish in the Top 4 in the AAC.

Notre Dame has wins against Toledo, Navy, Georgia Tech, Florida State and Virginia. There is a strong argument to be made that many of those teams would not finish in the Top 4 in the AAC.
Now do the entire schedule of both.

I count two P5 teams for Cincy, one of which was Indiana :sneaky:

Notre Dame I count 9 P5 teams.

Nope.

If they want the regular season to be meaningful, and they do, then they'll punish Cincy for bypassing a difficult regular season. I applaud that, if it happens.

Nope.

If they want the regular season to be meaningful, and they do, then they'll punish Cincy for bypassing a difficult regular season. I applaud that, if it happens.

The problem with your take here is that the Bearcats ARE being punished for playing in the AAC. It's why they are behind multiple one loss P5 teams. And here's the thing.....if there were more one loss P5 teams......Cincy probably WOULD be left out. But the PAC-12 and the ACC are both really weak and played themselves out. And the Big Ten and the Big 12 are both going to have one team MAX with only one loss.

Notre Dame would possibly have a claim if they weren't beat at home convincingly by the Bearcats.....but they were. Bearcats are the better team.....and the best team they played all year. If ND was in a conference....they'd have a shot to add to their resume by playing a championship game against another ranked team. They aren't and they don't. Tough break.

I know it was last year but do people remember the Georgia/Cincinnati game? They deserve to be in.
Forgot about that great point!
I Also think it’s good for the sport and I remember when Boise had no chance against AP and Okie.

Last edited:

I know it was last year but do people remember the Georgia/Cincinnati game? They deserve to be in.

Georgia....down 19-21 needed a 53 yard field goal with three seconds remaining to win that game. Only Cincinnati Bearcat loss in the last two years.

We'll see with this week's ranking, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it shakes out:
1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. Cincinnati
4. Notre Dame

The two Ohio teams play each other in the semi and Notre Dame gets crushed by Georgia.

Top Bottom