CFP Rankings

Gophers09

Reaction score
Not that it matters too much, but how does a team drop from #18 through 11 games, to unranked following a competitive road loss to #14? Head scratcher to me.

Not that it matters too much, but how does a team drop from #18 through 11 games, to unranked following a competitive road loss to #14? Head scratcher to me.

I know right. Pretty ridiculous, imo. P.S. Also what Joe Dirt said.

Doesn't really matter. Win the bowl game and we'll be ranked. Lose and we won't.

And how is Utah still ranked after losing 3 of 5, and that includes getting destroyed by Arizona, losing to a mediocre Stanford team, and barely beating a miserable 2-10 Colorado team?

How about Baylor? They've beaten two teams with winning records.

agreed---does not make sense of that big of a drop for a competitive loss

Yeah I don't really get how Utah and USC are ahead of us for sure

I want to know how Nebraska is ranked in the AP poll. Somehow they barely beat Iowa(whom we throttled) and we keep it close at Wisconsin(whom they got throttled by), and they still appear in the rankings. The AP poll is becoming irrelevant, it is WAY to what have you done for me lately(unless you are a helmet school).

Edit: Nebraska is also ahead of us in the Coaches poll. Didn't they just fire their coach?!

The craziness starts at the top. How is a team that is undefeated in two season ranked number 4? It all begins there. No other team is unbeaten. How is FSU number 4? To be the Champ you need to beat the Champ. Again they are undefeated.

Now TCU, lost to Baylor, Baylor beat TCU. Baylor won the game. How is head to head not a factor?

Head to head is always a factor. It can't be the ONLY factor though. Is Northwestern better than Wisconsin? Illinois than Minnesota? TCU lost a close high scoring game to Baylor @ Baylor. Baylor also lost to WVU while TCU beat them, both at WVU. etc etc. I think they should get credit for being undefeated this year but NOT last year. I suppose they are looking at Alabama etc, play a tougher schedule than FSU but how they are only #4 is beyond me.

I agree that FSU at #4 is pretty harsh, but last season should have nothing to do with this season. ... on that I salute the committee because they're clearly showing that. Just like in basketball when they're selecting teams, past history should have ZERO, NO bearing on the current season. What happened in previous seasons is irrelevant to 2014.

Top Bottom