Oct. 8 at Purdue W
Oct. 15 OPEN DATE
Oct. 22 Nebraska L
Oct. 29 Iowa L
Nov. 5 at Michigan State L
Nov. 12 Wisconsin L
Nov. 19 at Northwestern L
Nov. 26 Illinois W

For what it's worth, last year they had us pegged at 3-9 (although 0-8 in conference I believe).

They have us at 5-7 (2-6) with wins over Purdue and Illinois:

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1058493.html
Minnesota
2011 CFN Pred. (Spring): 5-7

Sep. 3 at USC L
Sep. 10 New Mexico St W
Sep. 17 Miami University W
Sep. 24 North Dakota St W
Oct. 1 at Michigan L
Oct. 8 at Purdue W
Oct. 15 OPEN DATE
Oct. 22 Nebraska L
Oct. 29 Iowa L
Nov. 5 at Michigan State L
Nov. 12 Wisconsin L
Nov. 19 at Northwestern L
Nov. 26 Illinois W

For what it's worth, last year they had us pegged at 3-9 (although 0-8 in conference I believe).

Looks about right to me.

Gotta win the Jug. They have as many question marks as we do and winning the first rivalry game will be a symbolic change from the past regime. Also Hoke is going out of his way to emphasize OSU and MSU as rivals, so Mich may not play with rival intensity.

The 3 nc games will be key. If we can win those 3 games and 3 BT games(one more than last year) we will be bowl eligible. I would consider that a major success in year one.

I would love to be able to keep the pig where it belongs but if not then bring either or both the jug or ax home.

I don't usually care for CFN but I thought this was a pretty fair overall assessment. Like station19 said, the non-cons are key to how the season will play out. But that's all a discussion for another day. I'm just thankful spring ball has finally started up.

Gotta win the Jug. They have as many question marks as we do and winning the first rivalry game will be a symbolic change from the past regime. Also Hoke is going out of his way to emphasize OSU and MSU as rivals, so Mich may not play with rival intensity.

Absolutely. Also, given the way the last handful of years have gone, soundly defeating NDSU would be a huge monkey-off-the-back sort of win for this group of guys; and that could springboard us into a very good attitude rolling into Ann Arbor.

My guess is they start slow and are very competitive by the end of the yr. Mich. State and NW could be possible, if I'm right. They could be upset in non conf, but will be ready at the end of the yr.

I agree about the jug. It's a great opportunity in what otherwise will likely be a tough year. Win the jug, and you can let a lot of bad slide next season.

This is about what I predict, I could see 6 wins beating either Iowa, Michigan or Wiscy. To be bowl eligible in Kills first year would be awesome but Im not holding my breath.

Are they out of there minds!!! Have they not been listening to coach Kill? Were slow, weak, and have no talent. Shoot if we get 1 win next year we would be lucky. If we played Cretin 10 times, we would lose 6 of those games.

Disagree - They will surprise at (7-5) home wins vs Wisconsin and at northwestern.

This is about what I predict, I could see 6 wins beating either Iowa, Michigan or Wiscy. To be bowl eligible in Kills first year would be awesome but Im not holding my breath.

This, I agree with the 5 wins they have us at but I am really hoping for AT LEAST one rivalry game win next year as well.

Are they out of there minds!!! Have they not been listening to coach Kill? Were slow, weak, and have no talent. Shoot if we get 1 win next year we would be lucky. If we played Cretin 10 times, we would lose 6 of those games.
WOW...Mr. Positive!!! Seriously - one win????

Michigan, Iowa & Northwestern are games which I think have the ability to be swung.

We'll be competitive with Wisconsin, which we are always at home (every game within 7 points in the past 20 years minus the 2001 win), but I think it will be another year or two before we see the axe.

Freshmen of influence will....

make the difference of at least two wins because our depth is so short. If we come up with at least 3-4 "diaper dandies" 5-6 wins could be there. Any more is a devine intervention.

Disagree - They will surprise at (7-5) home wins vs Wisconsin and at northwestern.

I like your optimism. We shall see, but it took him 3 years at NIU to rebuild. Perhaps this is a far better situation than what he walked into and we'll surprise.

There is one thing that I want to see Kill do: Run up the score on Wisconsin. If we went 1-11 with a lopsided win against the Badgers, I'd count the season a success.

I like 6 or 7 wins.

I usually miss high predicting the Gophers. That being said I like some of the returning talent on both sides of the football. I truelly expect Jerry Kill to improve this team. If he is a good coach that we hope he is with the returning talent he should make better we should be a better team. Our schedule is not easy but I think the Big Ten is down going into next season and teams like Iowa and Wisconsin have lost a ton of talent. The change is systems will always cause some problems early on but if Kill is the coach we hope he is I think winning 6-7 games is very possible. I would understand fewer wins especially if players are not eligible or unjuries but we have some talent here that he should be able to develope into a solid team for next year and a strong team in 2 to 3 years. Its not like this team has been gutted of talent IMO.

WOW...Mr. Positive!!! Seriously - one win????

Sorry, I was being sarcastic based on how poor coach Kill keeps stating the talent level is right now. I honestly think 6 wins is reasonable.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic based on how poor coach Kill keeps stating the talent level is right now. I honestly think 6 wins is reasonable.
Sarcasm taken. Ok here is mine...If our kicker keeps kicking out of bounds on kick offs I may agree with your one victory.

Obviously you have not been listening to coach Kill. He has not been that negative. He has mentioned things about work ethic, attitude and needing more speed in the right positions, but he has not attacked the players.

Obviously you have not been listening to coach Kill. He has not been that negative. He has mentioned things about work ethic, attitude and needing more speed in the right positions, but he has not attacked the players.

I've been listening and reading all the articles. I don't think we have to take a step backwards to
move forward considering last year was about 5 steps back. Maybe I accidentally read some Sid articles though. That could account for some misperception. I expect to win hopefully 5-6
games next year and think there is a quite a bit of talent on the team. We will see though.

There is one thing that I want to see Kill do: Run up the score on Wisconsin. If we went 1-11 with a lopsided win against the Badgers, I'd count the season a success.

Hear, Hear. That would be the icing on the cake, the cherry on the sundae for the season. Unfortunately, Kill has more class in his thumb nail than fat boy does in his entire fat body so Kill, IMO, would not do something so classless. However, I would fully endorse such a "classless" act.

Top Bottom