CFN Bowl Prediction: Alamo MN vs Nebraska

Ski U Master

Reaction score
I would absolutely love this game, lots of people have been clamoring to renew the old matchup against the Huskers and I think a bowl game against them would be awesome.

A bowl game against Nebraska would be absolutely perfect. That said, we'll probably end up playing friggin' Texas Tech again or something.

I would absolutely love this game, lots of people have been clamoring to renew the old matchup against the Huskers and I think a bowl game against them would be awesome.

First, I hope that we are in a good enough position to end the year that we are selectable by the Alamo Bowl. Second, I hope that in the almost-zero chance that those d-bags select us, that we turn around, give them the ol' double-fisted one-finger salute (or better yet, a Gopher Nation full of them), and take the next bowl down and keep our pride. No place or group of people has disrespected the Gophers more outside of Kinnick and Camp Randall, the Dome, and the Star Tribune. If we do go there, I hope our fans litter the riverwalk with vomit. It's the best they deserve in San Antonio.

I would love to play Nebraska again. I don't really care where.

Then again I'd also like to see us play Washington again, too.

First, I hope that we are in a good enough position to end the year that we are selectable by the Alamo Bowl. Second, I hope that in the almost-zero chance that those d-bags select us, that we turn around, give them the ol' double-fisted one-finger salute (or better yet, a Gopher Nation full of them), and take the next bowl down and keep our pride. No place or group of people has disrespected the Gophers more outside of Kinnick and Camp Randall, the Dome, and the Star Tribune. If we do go there, I hope our fans litter the riverwalk with vomit. It's the best they deserve in San Antonio.

Love the sentiment. Hate the idea. This is a good way to make sure we continue to get f-ed over by the bowls. You accept the bid and give them a good FU by showing up with fans and winning an entertaining game.

Though they'd never admit it, this is the game the Alamo Bowl probably wishes they'd set up in 2003. Instead, they took Michigan State and got what they deserved: a 17-3 snoozefest in front of a bunch of blue seats. Meanwhile, our 10-win squad put on a classic with Oregon in El Paso.

Setting aside my dislike for the Alamo folks, I would be thrilled to attend this game.

Just sayin, but none of the teams ahead of us in conference standings has an easy schedule except maybe wiscy, and all of their games aren't gimme's anymore with Indiana playing better and Northwestern playing ok. Both road games for Wiscy. Then they have Michigan at home. If we do our job and win against illinois we're probably the #5 big ten team. If we pull off the monster upset in Iowa winning the last four games we might find ourselves in third or fourth in the big Ten. That should be a decent bowl game. It's weird to say after how crappy we seem at times, but we're not sitting too bad right now.

Top Bottom