CFN’s Pre-Season All-B1G team

pk2

Reaction score
collegefootballnews.com put out its pre-season All-B1G team.

Good news: Mohamed Ibrahim is their pick for Offensive POY, and also ranked #1 in their list of “Top 30 Players.”

Not-as-good news: He’s the only Gophers player listed.

Well, it's a start...

Have to bring this post back up in Dec-Jan when the CFN All-B1G Team is named...

Coming out strong against tOSU would also represent a good start.

Not saying Mertz won't be good but putting him as the 11th best player in the conference and the top overall QB feels like a bit of a stretch.

He came out of the gates firing last year but was very mediocre over the bulk of the season. Take away the 5 TD performance in game one against Illinois and he threw 4 TD and 5 INT over the final 6 games of the season and never topped 250 yards passing in a game.

Again, he might end up being really good but not sure what they have seen to this point that makes them think he will be the best QB in the conference in 2021.

Well, if you were going to make a case for another Gopher being on a 1st-team all-conference list, it would probably be one of the O-line. If Faalele doesn't opt out last year, he might have been a candidate.

And the Gophers have a lot of guys who could potentially be 2nd-team or 3rd-team all conference - good players - just not the best in the league at their position. that list could include Andries, Schmitz, Olson, CAB, Mafe, and Durr.

Well, if you were going to make a case for another Gopher being on a 1st-team all-conference list, it would probably be one of the O-line. If Faalele doesn't opt out last year, he might have been a candidate.

And the Gophers have a lot of guys who could potentially be 2nd-team or 3rd-team all conference - good players - just not the best in the league at their position. that list could include Andries, Schmitz, Olson, CAB, Mafe, and Durr.
Yeah, they only did a first team in all 3 phases and a top 30 overall. My guess would be if they expanded that from a top 30 to a top 50 we would see a number of guys show up in the list.

Morgan is getting overlooked in all this as well after the down 2020 season. If he can get anywhere close to his 2019 production level he could easily be the #1 QB in the conference. If I had to put money on it I would bet heavily on seeing something closer to the 2019 version of Morgan as opposed to the 2020 version in 2021.

Ordered one of these hats for this season (in maroon)...most excited I've been to see the Gopher running game since the days of Barber and Maroney in the same backfield.

View attachment 13250
Poetry in motion was when Mo punished the Auburn Defense. He was simply unstoppable. The Gopher Offensive Line was very underrated.

I am excited to see the future RBs behind Mo. We've got a stable of good RBs,

Poetry in motion was when Mo punished the Auburn Defense. He was simply unstoppable. The Gopher Offensive Line was very underrated.

I am excited to see the future RBs behind Mo. We've got a stable of good RBs,
I was thinking when Mo and the OL steamrolled Georgia Tech. Need to play more of those soft southern foes.

I was thinking when Mo and the OL steamrolled Georgia Tech. Need to play more of those soft southern foes.
That one player had a really bad day when Fa'alele landing on top of him.

Top Bottom