Celebration of life for Marion Barber III to be held at Huntington Bank Stadium

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per KARE 11:

On Wednesday, June 22, family, friends and the community are invited to join a celebration of life for Marion Barber III in Minneapolis.

Barber III, who played football for Wayzata High School and the University of Minnesota before being drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in 2005, died earlier this month at the age of 38.

"So many have reached out, and we are humbly overwhelmed with support from friends, family, coaches, teammates, and even those we are meeting for the first time, telling stories about MBIII," his family wrote in a statement. "We are comforted knowing how many lives he touched and how loved he was during his time here."

The celebration of life will begin at 12 p.m. at Huntington Bank Stadium, located at 420 23rd Ave. SE in Minneapolis.

Memorial contributions can be made to the Marion S. Barber III Scholarship fund at the University of Minnesota College of Education and Human Development. According to family, the fund will provide scholarships for undergraduates with financial need and will give preference to students "who support the University’s mission of creating a diverse and inclusive student body, including those with underrepresented identities or who have overcome obstacles and challenges to achieve their educational goals."

Go Gophers!!

May his family and close friends find peace at this service. Barber was a great guy who was well liked.

Part of an interview of Maroney: "
GS: What about the stories of you guys riding around on mopeds together?
LM: It would get Mase (coach Glen Mason) so worked up. Marion and I were coming through campus one time and there was a red light. At the red light was Coach Mason and he had the look of a lifetime. A once in a lifetime look. He saw not one, but two of his running backs rolling way too fast through campus. Marion and I laughed so hard.

Part of an interview of Maroney: "
GS: What about the stories of you guys riding around on mopeds together?
LM: It would get Mase (coach Glen Mason) so worked up. Marion and I were coming through campus one time and there was a red light. At the red light was Coach Mason and he had the look of a lifetime. A once in a lifetime look. He saw not one, but two of his running backs rolling way too fast through campus. Marion and I laughed so hard.
Mason's version of the story is in here. https://www.audacy.com/podcasts/the...-his-memories-of-marion-barber-iii-1449971863

Top Bottom