Cedric Thompson instagram

Cedric has been one of my favorite Gophers the last three years. Intriguing story (Salton Sea to Dinky Town).

Great teammate. Great ambassador for the team. Great write-up.

Thanks for sharing.

Cedric has been one of my favorite Gophers the last three years. Intriguing story (Salton Sea to Dinky Town).

+1. What a great story. I think he moved to the Salton Sea to get away from the gangs of LA that his brother had gotten into.

The seniors this year have been through a lot and I'm proud of what they have done for the program. Most importantly, I'm proud of how they have represented our program.

Cedric Thompson is everything that is right about college athletics. I have no idea what he wants to do with the rest of his life, but I hope he sticks around the area/program as he is a great ambassador. He'll be a success with whatever he chooses...I bet that idea was pretty far-fetched 6 years ago. Good for him! Ski U Mah!

keep-calm-i-m-a-little-verklempt.png

For every highly recruited player that winds up squandering their opportunity.....there is a Cedric Thompson.....who works his butt off to improve his game.....and appreciates the opportunities that he is given. Very easy to root for a guy like this. High character is a trait that has been lost by high impact athletes in recent memory. It was something that helped Vereen jump up draft boards. Should help Cedric as well. Even though they are a divisional rival.....I wouldn't mind seeing him land with the Bears. Of course.....I'd much prefer him to find a home with the Vikings.

All the bricks that are leaving this year would build 1 hell of a sturdy house: An unbreakable foundation and something you could always count on. Cedric Thompson exemplifies that. Classy !!!

This is what college sports should be about. Brotherhood, memories, degree in hand, transformation from boy to man. Well done, Ced! You'll go far in life.

For every highly recruited player that winds up squandering their opportunity.....there is a Cedric Thompson.....who works his butt off to improve his game.....and appreciates the opportunities that he is given. Very easy to root for a guy like this. High character is a trait that has been lost by high impact athletes in recent memory. It was something that helped Vereen jump up draft boards. Should help Cedric as well. Even though they are a divisional rival.....I wouldn't mind seeing him land with the Bears. Of course.....I'd much prefer him to find a home with the Vikings.

Agree with all of this.

Showing my age here, never used Instagram. I'm having trouble figuring out who Cedric is referring to.

This is what college sports should be about. Brotherhood, memories, degree in hand, transformation from boy to man. Well done, Ced! You'll go far in life.

+1000. This is why we love college sports. The passion, real life stories and the good it can do in many young men's lives.

Ced, we are all honored that you came to Minnesota and you will always be a Minnesotan for the rest of your life (unless of course, if you play for the Packers.. just kidding).

Cedric is another reason why it is easy to spend money on gear and walk around Orlando year around with Gopher pride. He has made the most of a great opportunity, represented himself, his family, his God, the U, and the state with honor.........And he's a heck of a football player. I hope he gets his chance at the next level.

What is there not to love about this guy? I love seeing someone who takes an opportunity and makes the most of it.

Heck of a player and an even better person. As others have said, this is what college athletics should be about, and the #1 reason I love this program. A big thanks to Cedric and all of the seniors for the past 4 years!

Top Bottom