CBS sports has the Gophers Bowl game at...

The music city bowl is a better bowl now than it was when we were last in it. It means they are projecting us 5th or 6th in big ten

These predictions are the first of many. They will continue week after week looking for the public to get involved with all these endless discussions. Kind of a waste of time.

I would love to go to Nashville. Even if fans can’t go to the game. Easy drive.

This is the new lineup for 2020-2025 post-seasons:

https://bigten.org/news/2019/6/4/fo...st-11-different-bowls-across-the-country.aspx

The Big Ten’s future bowl lineup consists of the following postseason games:
  • Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual (Pasadena, Calif.)
  • Capital One Orange Bowl (Miami)
  • Citrus Bowl (Orlando, Fla.)
  • Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.)
  • Las Vegas Bowl (Las Vegas)
  • Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.)
  • New Era Pinstripe Bowl (Bronx, N.Y.)
  • Belk Bowl (Charlotte, N.C.)
  • Cheez-It Bowl (Phoenix)
  • Redbox Bowl (Santa Clara, Calif.)
  • Quick Lane Bowl (Detroit, Mich.)

Music City is a Big Ten vs SEC bowl. Las Vegas is PAC vs SEC in even years (including 2020) and vs Big Ten in odd years.

So MC should be the #5 bowl in 2020? Rose is a semi-final this year, so #2 Big Ten team should make the Orange, assuming #1 is in CFP.

Probably won't have bowl games this year.
Could be correct. But then again, maybe TV could ask for them, even with no one/limited in the stands?

ESPN owns almost all the bowl games. People cooped up inside during winter, nothing else to do but watch TV.

Spitballin' here.

From collegefootballnews.com:

Duke’s Mayo Bowl
ESPN, Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC
Normal Bowl Tie-Ins: ACC vs. Big Ten
Bowl Projection: NC State vs. Minnesota

Can’t wait to see what gets dumped on the head of the winning coach!

Hmmm. So the Gator Bowl is a step up from the Music City Bowl? Might just be me....but I'd prefer to take on Tennessee rather than Kentucky.

From collegefootballnews.com:

Duke’s Mayo Bowl
ESPN, Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC
Normal Bowl Tie-Ins: ACC vs. Big Ten
Bowl Projection: NC State vs. Minnesota

Can’t wait to see what gets dumped on the head of the winning coach!

Ick. That's an actual bowl game? Mayo is nasty.

The bowls aresponsered mostly by the CoC of cities to draw visitors to hotels, restaurants, bars etc and to buy tickets.
None of those activities are a good idea when the pandemic is still present and very active.
I doubt there will be any bowls excepting perhaps the SEC/ACC games for a mythical national championship.

The bowls aresponsered mostly by the CoC of cities to draw visitors to hotels, restaurants, bars etc and to buy tickets.
None of those activities are a good idea when the pandemic is still present and very active.
I doubt there will be any bowls excepting perhaps the SEC/ACC games for a mythical national championship.
You have a pretty good handle on how things are going to look 100+ days from now? You're all kinds of smart, aren't you?!

You have a pretty good handle on how things are going to look 100+ days from now? You're all kinds of smart, aren't you?!

I guess he could just be a bot like you repeating the same mantras in every thread. Should we bet your posting privileges on this board on whether there will be more than 10 bowl games?

I guess he could just be a bot like you repeating the same mantras in every thread. Should we bet your posting privileges on this board on whether there will be more than 10 bowl games?
I actually think 10 might be a good over/under for a poll. Are the tv revenue enough for the 11 or 12 bowl to keep it going or do they cancel.

True, but doesn't ESPN flat-out own a bunch of them? A lot of these games get pretty thin attendance in the best of times, and if we're all stuck at home in December for virus or weather related reasons they might get some great ratings.

I am skeptical of bowls working out for the Big Ten, simply because the season doesn't end until 12/19. Like a few other trends of 2020, this might be the 1960s all over again, with a 9 game schedule, winner goes to the Rose Bowl, and that's it.

Hmmm. So the Gator Bowl is a step up from the Music City Bowl? Might just be me....but I'd prefer to take on Tennessee rather than Kentucky.
Unless I missed something since the Big Ten's release, they dropped the Gator Bowl starting this postseason. So it won't be a step up, for us.

Ick. That's an actual bowl game? Mayo is nasty.
How dare you. It is a sin to eat a hamburger without mayo. And miracle whip is satan.

I actually think 10 might be a good over/under for a poll. Are the tv revenue enough for the 11 or 12 bowl to keep it going or do they cancel.
It'll be interesting to see which bowls want to put on their event this year. No doubt, they are all working on the logistics and feasibility of each of their individual bowls as we speak. Also interesting will be, as we've seen with a lot of things in the last several months, whether or not some of these bowl decisions will be heavily affected by who the governor is in each of those states that typically host bowl games. Multiple bowl games in FL and TX, I would definitely put more of my money on bowls taking place in those states before some of the others

I mean, what are the "costs" to the bowl game? Would guess, mainly just renting the facility??

I don't think facilities are very booked up right now, for obvious reasons. So maybe the free publicity of the facility on TV would be incentive enough to reduce the rent for the games?

I mean, what are the "costs" to the bowl game? Would guess, mainly just renting the facility??

I don't think facilities are very booked up right now, for obvious reasons. So maybe the free publicity of the facility on TV would be incentive enough to reduce the rent for the games?
There are also the travel, food and lodging expenses for the two schools and traveling parties that number in the 100s if you include the players, coaches, cheer teams, bands, administration, boosters and families. In a typical year, teams travel several days in advance and there are practices at separate facilities, fan events, team events, etc. If there was a desire to hold the games during the pandemic, they could treat them more like road games and travel a day or two beforehand to eliminate several days of expenses, cut traveling parties to the minimum number required for game day, etc. With no fans or a reduced number of fans, they could also cut out expenses related to entertaining those folks. This, of course, also greatly reduces the benefit to the host community, but if the goal is to justify having a game to put on TV, that's of lesser concern.

Top Bottom