CBS: Ranking the 2020 college football quarterbacks in tiers (Tier 2: #1. Tanner Morgan, Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

Tier II
Potential all-conference selections and a few fringe Heisman contenders

It's easy to see why a lot of folks are high on Morgan. He's not a dual-threat and he didn't have the most eye-popping numbers, but he's an assassin as a passer. He ranked near the top nationally in on-target percentage and air yards -- not bad for someone who attempted 318 passes. His TD percentage (9.4) was second in the Big Ten only to Fields (min. 100 attempts).

Go Gophers!!

He forgot Cold Blooded. Morgan is a Cold Blooded Assassin as a passer.

Why does it have to be Tier I vs Tier II with Tanner Morgan. He's clearly in the top three. While the other two are dual threats, TM is a cerebral QB with with a quick release, quick at analyzing and executing plays, and is deadly accurate.

Why does it have to be Tier I vs Tier II with Tanner Morgan. He's clearly in the top three. While the other two are dual threats, TM is a cerebral QB with with a quick release, quick at analyzing and executing plays, and is deadly accurate.

My opinion is that there are two QBs that most believe are much better than the rest. I agree with that analysis. Morgan is fantastic but is a step below the other two—at least based on last season.

Gophers and #3 ranked Morgan face this year

FAU - Chris Robison (Tier 3, #24)
Tennessee Tech - unranked
Iowa - unranked
BYU - unranked
Maryland - unranked
Wisconsin - Jack Coan (Tier 3, #23)
Michigan - unranked
Illinois - Brandon Peters (Tier 5, #50)
Michigan State - unranked
Purdue - unranked
Northwestern - unranked
Nebraska - Adrian Martinez (Tier 5, #44)

So by that measure, Gophers have clear advantage at the most important position.

Hey, you guys saw Jack Coan deliver the ball perfectly, over and over in very bad weather in your stadium.
He is better than his rating, Badger offense makes every QB look mediocre.
JMHO

Hey, you guys saw Jack Coan deliver the ball perfectly, over and over in very bad weather in your stadium.
He is better than his rating, Badger offense makes every QB look mediocre.
JMHO
Your message will play better back on skunkyville!
JMHO

Top Bottom