CBS College basketball No. 1-358 rankings: Preseason countdown

MisterGopher

Reaction score
155. Minnesota: Ben Johnson was the surprise hire in March. The Gophers alum could prove to be a savvy choice if he can recruit the territory he knows as well, or better, than any other candidate who interviewed. Minnesota is universally expected to be the worst Big Ten team; Johnson doesn't have one player getting minutes who played for the Gophers a season ago.

For a minute I thought that almost seemed generous then I looked at the rest of the B1G’s rankings. Minnesota is a veeeery distant 14th place.

2. Purdue
5. Michigan
7. Illinois
18. Ohio State
22. Maryland
23. Indiana
34. Michigan State
39. Rutgers
53. Wisconsin
57. Northwestern
59. Iowa
84. Penn State
99. Nebraska
155. Minnesota

For a minute I thought that almost seemed generous then I looked at the rest of the B1G’s rankings. Minnesota is a veeeery distant 14th place.

2. Purdue
5. Michigan
7. Illinois
18. Ohio State
22. Maryland
23. Indiana
34. Michigan State
39. Rutgers
53. Wisconsin
57. Northwestern
59. Iowa
84. Penn State
99. Nebraska
155. Minnesota
Thanks for pulling that together. I saw that in the article, but my phone was messing up the post, so I just posted the Gopher blurb.

2. Purdue
5. Michigan
7. Illinois
18. Ohio State
22. Maryland
23. Indiana
34. Michigan State
39. Rutgers
53. Wisconsin
57. Northwestern
59. Iowa
84. Penn State
99. Nebraska
155. Minnesota
Which is exactly where they should be...

In case anyone else was wondering, the Asheville Tournament consisted of the below rankings:

85. Western Kentucky
129. South Carolina
155. Minnesota
167. Princeton

They almost finished in reverse order.

I'd be interested to see where Minneosta would rank now. Are they still "universally expected to be the worst Big Ten team"? Nebraska hasn't looked very good. Northwestern is better?

Top Bottom