CBS: Chicago Cubs looking to host bowl game at Wrigley Field

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

How friendly would The Friendly Confines be for a college football bowl game?

That's a question the Chicago Cubs are reportedly asking themselves, as the Chicago Tribune is reporting that the organization is making a push to host a bowl game at Wrigley Field in the future. The team's president, Crane Kenney, told the Tribune that the team "absolutely" intends to host a bowl game at Wrigley in the future.

A bowl game at Wrigley would not be the first bowl game played in a baseball stadium in a cold-weather city. The Pinstripe Bowl has been quite successful for the New York Yankees and Yankee Stadium, and there's no doubt the Cubs have seen that, and it plays a role in this decision. Where the problem comes here is that anybody who remembers how the last college football game at Wrigley went probably doesn't think this is a good idea.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...s-looking-to-host-bowl-game-at-wrigley-field/

Go Gophers!!

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

I strongly believe a minimum requirement to host a bowl game should be that the entire football field fit within the stadium.

It would be creative solution to the shortage of bowl games.

It would be creative solution to the shortage of bowl games.

Bahaha

We should host one here at a MIAC stadium featuring the two worst teams in FBS. Maybe the MyPillow Hell Frozen Over Bowl.

It would be cool if there were a rotating Midwest bowl game.

I don't think there is any one location that is interesting enough to play 4-years in a row. But a "Snow Bowl" that rotates venues in Chicago, Minnesota, Denver, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin (maybe even Boston) would have a lot of sustained novelty value that would outweigh most lower-tier bowls in the South.

Bahaha

We should host one here at a MIAC stadium featuring the two worst teams in FBS. Maybe the MyPillow Hell Frozen Over Bowl.
SEA FOAM stadium is nice in January

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Cant be worse than the superdome. That place is a dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

Bahaha

We do have one of the top-10 places to watch college football as rated by SI several years ago.

Top Bottom