CBS: Candid Coaches: Who was the best coaching hire in college basketball in 2021? (On Ben Johnson: "wants to be there...very smart hire")

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

CBS Sports college basketball writers Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander surveyed more than 100 coaches for our annual Candid Coaches series. They polled everyone from head coaches at elite programs to assistants at smaller Division I schools. In exchange for complete anonymity, coaches provided unfiltered honesty about a number of topics. Through the end of this week we're posting the results on 10 questions asked. Today is question No. 8.

• On Ben Johnson: "He's a Minneapolis native who played and coached for the Gophers, understands the landscape of the state, wants to be there and won't use the job as a stepping stone to go elsewhere. Very smart hire."

Go Gophers!!

per CBS:

CBS Sports college basketball writers Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander surveyed more than 100 coaches for our annual Candid Coaches series. They polled everyone from head coaches at elite programs to assistants at smaller Division I schools. In exchange for complete anonymity, coaches provided unfiltered honesty about a number of topics. Through the end of this week we're posting the results on 10 questions asked. Today is question No. 8.

• On Ben Johnson: "He's a Minneapolis native who played and coached for the Gophers, understands the landscape of the state, wants to be there and won't use the job as a stepping stone to go elsewhere. Very smart hire."

Go Gophers!!
WHAT?! Author is a FRAUD!

Yesterday I told someone on the board offline that Ben is going to work very hard and that will count for a lot. This will be a lost year in terms of the record but I think we will see Ben's influence grow in the state's high school and AAU circles. That will obviously impact recruiting. The on court talent this year will be weak but I'll be very surprised if we don't see a more active defense and an offense that moves the ball.

Top Bottom