CBS Bracket Minnesota vs Kentucky

Regardless of the outcome, the game would cease to exist in the record books 5 years from now once the NCAA imposes sanctions on Kentucky and Calipari...

The next time you hear the head of the NCAA Selection Committee say "We don't make storylines" just laugh. They do it every year. I have no doubt if Minnesota or Memphis are an 8 or 9 seed they'll be in the mix for a second round matchup with Kentucky. I remember in 2005 when we had to play EKU (coached by Travis Ford), Cincinnati, Utah, Michigan St and Duke would have been the matchup in the Elite 8 if they hadn't lost to the Spartans.

The next time you hear the head of the NCAA Selection Committee say "We don't make storylines" just laugh. They do it every year. I have no doubt if Minnesota or Memphis are an 8 or 9 seed they'll be in the mix for a second round matchup with Kentucky. I remember in 2005 when we had to play EKU (coached by Travis Ford), Cincinnati, Utah, Michigan St and Duke would have been the matchup in the Elite 8 if they hadn't lost to the Spartans.

Mich St WAS the Elite 8 match-up in 2005. The winner went to Final 4.

Duke was not in 2005 Final 4 so it would not have been the next game.

I would like our chances against Kentucky much better than against someone like Texas or Kansas. Kentucky relies more on their athleticism and we have plenty of that. I definitely think we would lose but I'd say it would be a 10 point game.

I don't think there is any PG defender in the country I would rather match up against John Wall than Nolen.

If THE HOFF is hot the gophers can beat ANYONE that's the only way I could see a win, otherwise its UK easy.

I dont think its that easy to say uk would beat us, we would be the best defensive team they have seen. They cant handle zone defenses, and we have a good man and zone defense, we also have two players cousins cant shoot over. Calipari isnt the game coach tubby is. If they could win shooting around 48 percent and despite 15-18 turnovers, while hitting at least 8 three pointers, more power to them. Its probably best we lose because I live here in central ky and I'd be hard to deal with if we won

Not a huge fan of these threads. "OMG! We are going to face UNC in the sweet 16!!" "SWEET, we're going to play in the Tampa regional. Let me book my tickets!"

It's still 2 months from the tourney, and also 2 months before anyone actually decides who will play whom where.

Talking seed numbers, fine - that's totally appropriate. You can have a legitimate discussion of a seed number. If you find enough bracket projections out there, you could probably find one with the Gophers playing just about every team in DI.

Not a huge fan of these threads. "OMG! We are going to face UNC in the sweet 16!!" "SWEET, we're going to play in the Tampa regional. Let me book my tickets!"

It's still 2 months from the tourney, and also 2 months before anyone actually decides who will play whom where.

Talking seed numbers, fine - that's totally appropriate. You can have a legitimate discussion of a seed number. If you find enough bracket projections out there, you could probably find one with the Gophers playing just about every team in DI.

I think a 8-10 is legit now for Minny. IMO, they are between the 30th-45th best team in the country, and an 8 seed reflects that well.

Agreed. Hopefully it will be a little less tense than last year and we can hope to get a 6 or 7 seed.

Agreed. Hopefully it will be a little less tense than last year and we can hope to get a 6 or 7 seed.

I think they will need to either win 12 B10 games + 1 tourney game OR beat Wisky and MSU for sure to get there, argee?

If the 12 wins are the remaining home games + 2 road wins, then yes, I would say that should be enough to get us out of the 8/9 matchup. We would have wins over Purdue, Mich St. and Wisconsin.

i will put 1000 internet bucks that wisconsin will not be a 3 seed.

Top Bottom