CBS: Big Ten Strength of Schedule Rankings (1. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

1team logo

Minnesota
Well, this is quite a change of pace. I had Minnesota's schedule ranked as the easiest in the league last year, and the Gophers have typically found themselves in the bottom third in the years we've been ranking schedules here. But this year? This year there's not only a tough nonconference road game against North Carolina, but the Gophers get Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State from the East. The good news is only the game vs. Ohio State is on the road, but the bad news is you play both Michigan and Ohio State. Minnesota has won at least nine games in the last three full seasons. That will be a lot harder to do this year.

Go Gophers!!

I'm positive about this team and the potential that it has to be elite. With some good fortune on the injury front every game should be competitive. Unlike Shawshank, hope is better than surrender.

I'm positive about this team and the potential that it has to be elite. With some good fortune on the injury front every game should be competitive. Unlike Shawshank, hope is better than surrender.
Fine with this as long as we're not all sitting here at the end of the season arguing about whether the Gophers should fire PJ and how Athan isn't the answer.

This is a buzz saw schedule. It might not go well and that's okay.

Fine with this as long as we're not all sitting here at the end of the season arguing about whether the Gophers should fire PJ and how Athan isn't the answer.

Righto, we don’t win the handful of games that are semi toss ups and it could look gawd awful. Really hoping the rifleman can pull some rabbits…. Beat IA n Wisky n all is ok!

Last edited:

Righto, we don’t win the handful of games that are semi toss ups and it could look gawd awful. Really hoping the rifleman can pull some rabbits…. Beat IA n Wisky n all is ok!
Yup, the funny thing is that I'm actually bullish on the Gophers versus most people and have real money on them over 6.5 wins.

I think this team could win 8, but there are smart people on the other side of that trade that think they won't win 7.

People on this forum predicting that the Gophers will win the West have their heads in the sand. Anything could happen, but that isn't close to a realistic expectation.

Last edited:

West is a weird division this year... If we can go 2-1 against east. A 2 or 3 loss team wins the west... 3 new coaches... Lots of roster turnover for everyone... May the best team win.. I think it's possible.. wisc will be tougher than nebby and I get wisc get a season to find their flow. Purdont scare me.. Illinois new d.c now.. new q.b. I believe.. idk calle.a homer but we got just as good a chance as any team in the west. Just take.care of business pull off the deemed upset or 2 and don't get upset... Harder said than done

The only thing that scares me about NEB is timing. By the time we face Wisky we will have a ton of tape and know exactly who they are. However, NEB won't have much to lose in game 1 and will throw the kitchen sink at us with new looks. In Rossi we trust.

Beat Nebraska and we go 11-1. So for me Nebraska is the most important game. Win it and everything falls into place, including beating those nutbusters in Iowa.

And here we are. They can still meet 100% of your target for this year :D

This was a good post. Held true

Top Bottom