CB Jalen Myrick commits to MN: UPDATED (8/8) "I’m really sold on Minnesota."

Meeting Chase Budinger had to seal deal!

ESPN: Gophers pick up CB Jalen Myrick

Peach State cornerback Jalen Myrick (Savannah, Ga./Savannah Christian), flying under the radar with most programs in the Southeast, made the decision Sunday to play for a Big Ten school at the next level.

"I just called up Coach (Jerry) Kill and committed to Minnesota," Myrick said. "He was excited and just telling me to have a good senior season and stay healthy."

As a junior, Myrick had 25 tackles, two interceptions, one interception returned for a touchdown, 14 passes broken up and 15 touchdowns on offense. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound cornerback picked the Golden Gophers over offers from Middle Tennessee, Colorado State and Louisiana-Lafayette.

Go Gophers!!

Welcome to Gold Country Jalen!

Great add for Kill and Co. Speed is always needed and welcome!

Love this tweet he sent...

Jalen Myrick ‏@jAutooo

@KBrookins8 Yo I just committed to U of M. Turn up with me
Retweeted by RyanBurnsGI

I like this commitment, smaller school prospect that is low profile, but has good athleticism ,that just needs to live up to his potential. He has all the measurables, to be a BCS level corner, he just needs to develop it. With Brewster and Mason many recruits didn't have the measurables, and had to over achieve to be good BCS level players

I like this commitment, smaller school prospect that is low profile, but has good athleticism ,that just needs to live up to his potential. He has all the measurables, to be a BCS level corner, he just needs to develop it. With Brewster and Mason many recruits didn't have the measurables, and had to over achieve to be good BCS level players

That is exactly why Kill is a good recruiter!

Savannah Morning News: Raiders' Myrick commits to Minnesota

“I just loved the whole environment there in Minnesota,” Myrick said. “The city, the campus, the coaches and the facilities were all great. My mom (Rhonda Myrick) came with me and she loved it, too. It’s a solid commitment from me; I’m really sold on Minnesota.”

http://savannahnow.com/sports/2012-08-07/raiders-myrick-commits-minnesota#.UCJY4KCWRIV

Go Gophers!!

"The 5-foot-11, 185-pound cornerback picked the Golden Gophers over offers from Middle Tennessee, Colorado State and Louisiana-Lafayette."
Great, I'm glad the Gophers snatched another player that significantly needs to overachieve in order to have success in college...just great!

Like Eric Murray? He was a nobody and is now impressing coaches and expected to play as a freshman.

We'll see what he becomes but Kill & Co seem to have done a nice job of identifying underrated talent. ESPN seems to have rated him relatively well, too.

...two star recruits with no other major offers??

He's rated higher than Brookins, is a 100 meter track star in Georgia, and is ranked as the #44 CB in the country. Sounds like a good prospect to me.

"The 5-foot-11, 185-pound cornerback picked the Golden Gophers over offers from Middle Tennessee, Colorado State and Louisiana-Lafayette."
Great, I'm glad the Gophers snatched another player that significantly needs to overachieve in order to have success in college...just great!

Rated the 44th best CB in the nation. That doesn't sound too bad. I forget the last time star ratings took the field. I also forget the last time you typed out anything intelligent. Here's a thought.....stop drooling all over your keyboard, get off the computer, run head first into a wall.

Change the f'in record, man. We get it.

"The 5-foot-11, 185-pound cornerback picked the Golden Gophers over offers from Middle Tennessee, Colorado State and Louisiana-Lafayette." Great, I'm glad the Gophers snatched another player that significantly needs to overachieve in order to have success in college...just great!

LOL - Wrong again recruiting breath! You are one of the dwindling group of posters here who still assumes that a recruit who has a two stars rating it must be because "that he needs to overachieve in order to have success in college." It also could mean something as simple as that he attends a small high school and is presently under the radar.

The one thing we do know for certain though is that coach Kill and his staff know hell of a lot more about recruiting than you do. Therefore my vote is that Kill will turn out to be right and you will turn out to be wrong.

Top Bottom