CB Demetrius Douglas Commits!

Sounds like he will begin his Gopher career as a WR. When the coaches visited on Thursday it was OC,WR, and Fleck and they told him they like him at WR. He is definitely capable of playing CB too though as that is where Notre Dame was targeting him at.

Sounds like he will begin his Gopher career as a WR. When the coaches visited on Thursday it was OC,WR, and Fleck and they told him they like him at WR. He is definitely capable of playing CB too though as that is where Notre Dame was targeting him at.

I'm good with that...slot receiver.

Maybe now that WR Tyjon Lindsey from Bishop Gorman committed to Nebraska, the Gophers have a chance at getting Mac Hippenhammer or Jafar Armstrong.

What's your reasoning here? How does Lindsey committing to Nebraska lead to Mac leaving PSU or Jafar leaving Mizzou for us?

Welcome aboard - I am impressed with your abilities and your upfront religious faith.

The most interesting thing I read in the Omar article was him moving from General Mills to Nike. Was that a coincidence? I know Marvin (or is it Anderson?) Windows is known for offering positions to parents of highly skilled hockey players (T.J. Oshie is probably the best example).

That doesn't necessarily imply foul play. Those are all very big companies that likely hire talented people all the time. If he knows someone and makes a call, probably a decent chance he could find a job.

Check out Omar's LinkedIn. Love seeing former player excel in the corporate world after their playing days are over. On a side note I see Damien Johnson walk the halls of the Best Buy headquarters often the past couple of months after he formally retired from pro BB. He has a nice position too. Student-Athletes!!!!

Depends on income. Harvard has a very generous sliding scale where if your income is "low", you can potentially end up with a free ride.

I doubt his dad went to work at Nike for low pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Harvard not offer full ride scholarships?

Does Harvard not offer full ride scholarships?

Ivy league doesn't offer athletic scholarships.

However, if your family income is below a certain level you can get what is effectively a full ride. It's just not "for athletics" but if you're an athlete... no difference.

Ivy league doesn't offer athletic scholarships.

However, if your family income is below a certain level you can get what is effectively a full ride. It's just not for athletics.

I feel like I should have known that. Interesting. Thanks.

So paying for Harvard wouldn't then be a concern....

He left a very good job at General Mills for presumably a much better job with Nike. He's not going to qualify for much of any Harvard assistance with what his salary likely is out here.

Depends on income. Harvard has a very generous sliding scale where if your income is "low", you can potentially end up with a free ride.

If you're family makes high 5 figures you're expected family contribution is going to be pretty high.

Doesn't have to be high 5 figures- universities and FAFSA expect families to contribute an unreal amount of your "discretionary" income to your kids college education. For u young adults out there start your 529 savings funds as soon as u have your first kid.

Dropping any zero's?

Get your salary into 6 figures - which I would expect his dad to be easily making in the marketing dept at Nike- and FAFSA will expect you to contribute a huge chunk of your post tax income.

per Greder:

New Gophers coach P.J. Fleck flipped legacy recruit Demetrius Douglas from Oregon to Minnesota on Saturday. Douglas, the son of former Gophers wide receiver Omar Douglas, made his announcement toward the 2017 recruiting class Saturday afternoon via Twitter.

“A lot of though, conversation and prayer has gone into my decision,” Douglas said in a message posted on Twitter. “I wanted to select a place with the culture, environment and academics that best fit my needs. With that being said, I am announcing my commitment to the University of Minnesota!”

Douglas, a 5-foot-11, 170-pound cornerback/receiver from Jesuit High School in Portland, Ore., was a freshman at Wayzata High School before his family moved west about three years ago. Omar had a position at General Mills for seven years before accepting a new opportunity with Nike.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/1...legacy-recruit-demetrius-douglas-from-oregon/

Go Gophers!!

Get your salary into 6 figures - which I would expect his dad to be easily making in the marketing dept at Nike- and FAFSA will expect you to contribute a huge chunk of your post tax income.

That's definitely true in 6 figures. Unless you have a ton of siblings it is also true if your family income is high 5 figures

Doesn't have to be high 5 figures- universities and FAFSA expect families to contribute an unreal amount of your "discretionary" income to your kids college education. For u young adults out there start your 529 savings funds as soon as u have your first kid.

Honestly won't help that much. Gone are the days of parents paying for their kids' college. Just hope you're in good enough position to be able to cosign their loans.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Interesting that they offered him as a WR given the lack of depth they are facing in the secondary. Perhaps PJ doesn't think the fallout from the title IX investigation will be as bad as everyone else is assuming.

Top Bottom